Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, where does one go to get this stuff? Are there any national chains that carry acrylic or specialty shops that should carry it?

Or do you guys all get it online?

·
Old C-130 Guy
4,995 Posts
Lowes and Home Depot sell it.....

• Rep+
Reactions: Mjolnir

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by By-Tor
View Post

Lowes and Home Depot sell it.....

Really? I just went to both yesterday and didn't see any. I'll try again.

·
Old C-130 Guy
4,995 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir
View Post

Really? I just went to both yesterday and didn't see any. I'll try again.

Some lowes its in the window and door area and others its in Hardware...

Not real sure where Depot keeps it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mjolnir

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
mcmaster-carr.com is a great place if you are american. Otherwise they should have it at hardware places like lowes or home depot. just ask the sales assistants, it's generally in the window area.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
eBay also has a lot of decent deals. Best if you're buying 10+ pieces.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
There are several acrylic dealers linked in the modding supply thread. I've also gotten some acrylic sheets at Lowe's (was actually identical to the stuff that US Plastics sells) and they cal also special order sizes they don't normally stock.

·
Registered
180 Posts
mcmaster!

just try to remember what opaque means please...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I believe Lowes and Home depot only stock clear acrylic. If you want colored ones then an online store is your best bet, I went to Home Depot once to buy some clear, the only ones they had were badly scratched

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wastedtime
View Post

I believe Lowes and Home depot only stock clear acrylic. If you want colored ones then an online store is your best bet, I went to Home Depot once to buy some clear, the only ones they had were badly scratched

True, Lowe's only stocks several sizes of clear acrylic and more often than not they are scratched due to bad handling

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
I work at a Home Depot part time and i know that the Depot only carries plexiglass, not thicker structural acrylic or polycarbonate. 1/4" at the thickest and it's rather expensive considering the limited sizes and like rado said, they're scratched up a lot of the time.

Best bet is to order online from a modder supply site.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Note: There are 2 basic types of acrylic; extruded and cell-cast.

If you are going to use power tools on the acrylic then you may want to use cell-cast as it handles the heat and will cut cleaner than the extruded variant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts