Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I'm sure they will, ontop of user-created content, but I have a hard time believing you've explored every corner of this game yet.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I certainly havent. Cant get back into Chevy Chase or GNR because the game crashes.

Gah, gna pick up the PC version on Monday. PS3 version is too buggy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
I certainly havent. Cant get back into Chevy Chase or GNR because the game crashes.

Gah, gna pick up the PC version on Monday. PS3 version is too buggy
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......oh my, me thinks you should cruise by the bethesda forums for Fallout and PC issues.

It took me two days to overcome the crash on clicking new game bug, and now I can't advance the main quest because i crash on proximity to a key location. And that's only two of the main crash types among many others.

granted these crashes are in the minority of games sold...it's just ironic someone is gonna pick up the PC version cause the console version is too buggy.

Great game...when I can actually play it.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SerenityKill3r
View Post

Mine has yet to arrive...It released on friday last and I still havent got it...

where'd you get it from? i ordered Thursday night from GAME (day before release) and it had come through the post when i got back to uni on Sunday...

wow, that is a lot of copies... goes to show tht if you make a good game and don't cripple it with DRM it WILL sell well. EA can take a lesson from Bethesda... anyways, anyone know when the first batches of DLC will come out?

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenFaux
View Post

A game with no DRM (except a disk check) sold 4.7+ million copies? In your face EA.

I'm not particularly anti-DRM, but I have to admit this is pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by porky
View Post

i havent even entered my cd key into mine!!!.....only need it for windows live.....what is windows live in FO3 btw?? whats it do?

all the Xbox Live features, but for the PC

·
Banned
4,683 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FozzieBlair View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......oh my, me thinks you should cruise by the bethesda forums for Fallout and PC issues.

It took me two days to overcome the crash on clicking new game bug, and now I can't advance the main quest because i crash on proximity to a key location. And that's only two of the main crash types among many others.

granted these crashes are in the minority of games sold...it's just ironic someone is gonna pick up the PC version cause the console version is too buggy.

Great game...when I can actually play it.
LoL, funny stuff. I was in a news thread about it's release telling people that it was buggy and here i see i'm not the only overclocker having issues.

It took me something between 2 and 3 hrs just to get the game to get past the first 2 seconds of the title screen. The game crashes to the desktop for me randomly and the music from the pipboy ( not the regular radios in the game, just the pipboy and just the music ) is very distorted. It can be fixed sometimes by hitting ESC but sometimes it cant, and even if it is fixed, it's only for that song. If i run it windowed, it actually fixes the sound a little bit but then the game isn't nearly as smooth.

I've tried adjusting my codecs and stopping them all from running .OGM, but that has only decreased the issues, not eliminated it.

We'll see. It is an amazing game but like you said, when it works. I lol a little bit about the PS3 version being buggy. I thought just the pc had it bad.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxBeNigNxX View Post
isn't there like 6 different ending's depending on how you go thru it?
more technically a few different for karma levels, a few for gender, a few for a key decision near the start, a few more depending on a choice you make a little before the end, a few more depending on a choice leading up to the end, and a few more depending on a choice at the very end.

intentionally vague to avoid spoilers, i can't recall the exact count but its more than six.

although not as detailed/expansive as the endings for fallout 1 and 2.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Do we have a breakdown as to which systems carried which percentage of the sales? I didn't see it in the source, but maybe there is somewhere where this information is available.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Anyone know how this compares to Far Cry 2? I knew the hype for FC2 was higher but I had a hitch that this game would blow it away...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by csm11 View Post
Do we have a breakdown as to which systems carried which percentage of the sales? I didn't see it in the source, but maybe there is somewhere where this information is available.
I'd also like to see it. Seeing large PC sales would be fantastic.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts