Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the thermal conductivity in W/mK of Arctic Alumina, anybody got a clue?

Site only says "2 to 10 degrees lower CPU temp" which is... useless
smile.gif

PS: This is the GLUE I'm talking about, not the paste.

·
What should be here ?
5,746 Posts
I couldn't find any information on the adhesive conductivity, but this fine gentlemen here worked out the grease conductivity to > 4W /m-K.

I'll search through more forum posts though to get as accurate data as possible. What are you looking to bond together though if you don't mind me asking ?

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

I couldn't find any information on the adhesive conductivity, but this fine gentlemen here worked out the grease conductivity to > 4W /m-K.

I'll search through more forum posts though to get as accurate data as possible. What are you looking to bond together though if you don't mind me asking ?
I did it already actually
smile.gif
I glued some aluminum heatsinks to the MOSFETs of my GPU's VRM, since the original radiator was quite badly designed and didn't cut it anymore for the heavy OC.

I have 4 20x13x5mm radiators glued to the MOSFETs on the 5mm side (they won't fit in any other way), and 3 more glued to the back side with a cheaper Chinese thermal glue (1 W/mK), which seems sufficient for now, since they're on the back side of the PCB anyway.

Maybe I'll post pics of my Frankenstein's monster of a GPU at some point, I bet Sapphire couldn't tell it's one of theirs if they see it
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The photos are in this post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1432035/official-amd-r9-280x-280-270x-270-owners-club/9420#post_25081117

1 - 3 of 3 Posts