Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have installed IE9 and it seems like it has made some significant progress. I currently have Chrome and I would like to try using IE9 for a change and see if I end up liking it better.

But I have two problems.

First, is there any way I can import my bookmarks in Chrome into IE9? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Second is there any ad blockers that work with IE? If so which is the best? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Wrench->Bookmark Manager-> options-> export bookmarks

then in IE9
ALT + C(or the star icon) -> Add to favorites submenu-> Import and Export-> From file- choose file

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Oh another thing, google instant search does not seem to be working in IE9 even if I'm signed into my account and I can't find any option to enable it either, but it just works right away in Chrome. How can I enable it in IE9?
Any good ad blockers for IE?

·
Registered
3 Posts
http://www.adblockpro.com/download.htm

Have just downloaded it and tested it myself, came across this thread from checking google, doesnt block everything but im guessing with a better hosts list it should work more effectively, its strange that its blocking some advservers and not others

Only thing is that its a 30 day trial, dont know of any others unfortunately.

On the IE9 beta - May go back to chrome as im not finding it the best browser at the moment. Dont like the fact that when you save a shortcut to the taskbar, the icon/colour scheme follows through to any other website:

And that when you click another link on your taskbar it opens a completely seperate window rather than tacking onto the current one.

Quite a few more things that are a bit annoying too, will post it all to MS team and hope they fix some of it before official release.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you tried clicking the "turn on search suggestions" that come up down the bottom of the url/search box when you type something in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts