Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey how hard would it be to set up just a very basic website that would have a bunch of ads on it, like the google adsense stuff, that i could make money off of . cause every time somebody clicks on one of the ads you get paid money every time somebody clicks on one of the ads. and i could would it be possible to set up a webpage on one of my old computers like an old dell or something, and if so how would i do it

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mental

hey how hard would it be to set up just a very basic website that would have a bunch of ads on it, like the google adsense stuff, that i could make money off of . cause every time somebody clicks on one of the ads you get paid money every time somebody clicks on one of the ads. and i could would it be possible to set up a webpage on one of my old computers like an old dell or something, and if so how would i do it

There is alot or work involved in that idea, first you need a good internet connections, good security on your webserver computer, then you have to do all of the negotiation with the Advertising companies for prices.

And finally the biggest questions, what kind of content will you have on your website to bring people there to view the ads?

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Why would anyone want to visit that website? Another question to ask yourself... Do you think you are the only one to think of this?? Not likely... It can be done but I doubt you would get the results you seek.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

whats the minimum connect you could have do you think

It depends how many visitors you want on your site before a lag occurs, and you need to have a static IP address, not a dynamic like most high speed alway on connections are.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know im not the only person to think of this but i thought i might be able to make some cash, probably not, but it doesnt hurt to ask

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

i know im not the only person to think of this but i thought i might be able to make some cash, probably not, but it doesnt hurt to ask

Unless you are running a pron site the ads will most likely not give you enough profit.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
To have Ads you need to have traffic on the site, otherwise advertisers won't have any interest in you, so unless you got something a lot of people are going to want to see, don't expect much traffic (if any) and don't expect to make a living off it

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

just wondering how many of you guys have your own websites

I had one, but it was for my WC3 clan and it was a free site, no profit was sought.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I for one would not be visiting your site if it was just Ads... I dont mind the odd one or two that show stuff I may be interested in but when a site is full of them I just h8 it and leave.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

well anybody got any other ideas of how i could make some money

Learn comp repair from the boards and repair comps for friends, family and co-workers.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I seriously need to get a little PayPal icon to replace my REP button... 5x535 = mucho dinero...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there are alot of people with broken computers but none that would trust me with fixing them

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Quote:

not old enough

how old are you? i got an official job when i was 14 washing dishes 5 hrs a day on the days i worked, and i got somewhat ok money. i had ~$50 a day + tips.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

there are alot of people with broken computers but none that would trust me with fixing them
Most of the people at work would not trust me until, one day I had my boss bring hers to work and I exhanged the mobo and CPU and had it operational in 20 minutes. Now I have a line of co-workers and the their families computers to work on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts