Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Nikon D100 which unfortunately is on its last legs, so I bought a Canon 1000D body off a friend who had just upgraded his camera. I want to use my two Nikkor lenses on the 1000D body, making use of an adapter as I simply cannot afford to purchase new lenses at this point in time, due to a sudden change in my financial situation. I am getting confused by the never-ending letter variations for the lenses and the compatibility of the adapter I've been looking at.

The first lens is a standard lens (I believe it came with the F-401s film SLR that I first started using). AF Nikkor 35-70mm 1:3.3-4.5

Second lens is an AF Nikkor 75-240mm 1:4.5-5.6 D

The adapter I am looking at is this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics...-318481944.htm
(I don't mind focusing and zooming manually as this is only a temporary solution until I can afford to purchase new lenses)

To put it simply, can I use that adaptor with those lenses on the 1000D? Any help is greatly appreciated as my poor assignment-overloaded mind can't work it out at the moment

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
It may work but you'll be stuck shooting 100% manual.

This This
isn't much more than the adapter ring and is a great lens.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
There are a bunch of adapters on fleabay. I beleive you need a adapter with electronic connections to get af confirmation

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Honestly, you'd be better off selling the Nikon lenses and picking up something like Canon's 18-55 IS or 50 f/1.8. Both inexpensive lenses that will keep you much more sane in the long run.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by laboitenoire View Post
Honestly, you'd be better off selling the Nikon lenses and picking up something like Canon's 18-55 IS or 50 f/1.8. Both inexpensive lenses that will keep you much more sane in the long run.
Selling them isn't an option as they don't belong to me.

@ Blank Being in New Zealand, that lens comes out a bit too expensive for me at this point in time. I really need a quick, cheap and dirty solution to keep me going for a month until I can afford a lens. That is the lens I'm going for but it is about $140 excluding shipping, which I can't afford at the moment.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just hold off even taking photos until I can afford a Canon lens. I don't think it's going to be worth the hassle.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Hold off. Wait to buy the lens.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244 View Post
Hold off. Wait to buy the lens.
Just means I don't have a usable camera until I can afford to do so...

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
How much more do you need? Can't you borrow money or something?

It's worth it to do things right the first time.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244 View Post
How much more do you need? Can't you borrow money or something?

It's worth it to do things right the first time.
I have a few other things I have to pay for first and can't really borrow money off anyone as we've all been hit by the same financial issue. Makes it a bit tough. Guess I get to play the waiting game again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts