Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just relized that this site should put up a warning saying "may be addictive".
Look at my stats I have only been on for a little over a month and I already have over 500 posts and nearly 100 rep points.

Is anyone else in here addicted to the site?

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Yeah, I was getting so "addicted" I had to back off a little. I forgot there was grass and trees outside. But I think I have a happy mix of life now.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Yeah, I was getting so "addicted" I had to back off a little. I forgot there was grass and trees outside. But I think I have a happy mix of life now.

Blah, who needs grass and trees?

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Yuppers! I would have more rep, but everytime I try to help someone, someone has already helped them.... ARGH. WOohoo good times here though.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

P.S. Its not the site thats Addictive, Its the great people that form it!!!!!

It's the people and the fact that I get to help educate people about use of their hardware and software.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
After trying several different Forums I've settled for 3, This being my favourite. Good broad range of knowledge and the folding has definately become addictive.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I spend too much time here, I don't even game that much anymore since I'm too busy folding and trying to squeeze a few more MHz outta my rig
I've been here for about a month and half and have almost 1,000 posts and 125 rep points
It's fun, get to finally share my knowledge with people that care and folding is addictive too

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

I just relized that this site should put up a warning saying "may be addictive".
Look at my stats I have only been on for a little over a month and I already have over 500 posts and nearly 100 rep points.

Is anyone else in here addicted to the site?

si senor... so much it hurts... in reality this is the only forum ever to keep my interest for more than a week...

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

si senor... so much it hurts... in reality this is the only forum ever to keep my interest for more than a week...

I think that Admin should give some type of recognition to those of use who are addicted, there should be some type of marking that shows how many hours a week we spend on this site assisting others.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

I think that Admin should give some type of recognition to those of use who are addicted, there should be some type of marking that shows how many hours a week we spend on this site assisting others.

Perhaps... I've been here since 07-04-04 and have "Total Posts: 360 (3.25 posts per day)" I think that says something about addiction... that I have that average of posts per day. What do you think a threshold would be for being "addicted" as many days I just read and don't post... I assume many users do that... How would they be guaged.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Perhaps... I've been here since 07-04-04 and have "Total Posts: 360 (3.25 posts per day)" I think that says something about addiction... that I have that average of posts per day. What do you think a threshold would be for being "addicted" as many days I just read and don't post... I assume many users do that... How would they be guaged.

I think it should be determined by the amount of hours per day a user spends logged into OC.net, lets say in excess ot 2 hours average per day then you are addicted.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

I think it should be determined by the amount of hours per day a user spends logged into OC.net, lets say in excess ot 2 hours average per day then you are addicted.

I can leave a machine loged on 24/7

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

I can leave a machine loged on 24/7

Good point, how about logged on and navigating at least once every 5 minutes?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
eh, i've been on for a few months now and ive posted like close to 200 times, and a whopping 25 reps!!! woohoo.. but yeah it does get addictive because it's cool to help people out with problems that are trying to get to the same goal as everyone is: the ultimate overclock

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Total Posts: 991 (22.22 posts per day)
OWNED

1 - 20 of 57 Posts