Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im adding a SLI setup to my rig this weekend . I will be replacing my Air cooled 6950 for SLI eVGA GTX460s . The reason im doing this is for the [email protected] benefits over the 6950. So the cards will pretty much always be at full load and temps.

Im planning on putting both cards on water very soon and was just wondering whether my current Rads will be able to handle the increased heat load. At the moment my loop is :

EK 4.0 Pump
1x RX120
1x Aqua Computer Airplex XT 360 Rad (This thing is somewhere between the XSPC RS and RX in thickness.)
All Rads on push/Pull Extracting out of the case

I have a couple Rads sitting around unused a RS240 and RS120 from memory. That I could probably manage to Fit in if need be. So what does everone think ? Will my loop handle it or is it time to beef up with some moar Rads?

Cheers.

·
Old School
1,636 Posts
The GTX 460's are rather cool cards to begin with, I would think your current loop would manage just fine unless that 360 is just an awful performer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rule of thumb is one 120 per block. I have 120, 240, 360...so a tad overkill for four blocks (460, 460, CPU, mobo)...but originally I also had a ram block but thought that was silly (ram just doesn't get too hot). In the end it's about having enough to get the job done and all else is just personal preference. Try Martins spreadsheet for an analytic look...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts