Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it time for some more cooling even though i don't really need it. i'm horrible with money and have some extra so why not.

also i absolutely despise compression fitting prices i will be buying some to try them out and see just how worth it they are.

i will also be getting a third MCR320 and another set of high speed yate loons push pull. instead of going with 2 loops i plan to join it all together and make 1 giant loop.

loop order as i see it right now,

Tline>pump1>pump2>rad1>rad2>rad3>cpu>gpu>repeat.

i will also be testing out one of cadman420 blocks as he so kindly is letting me try it out. i only have 2 chips to try it out with but a q6600 and p4 3.0 should be enough to give it a go.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

^^ the result of using feser view red dye (more then they recommend, i wanted red, not pink) stained the tubing in 5 months. so i will be doing only distilled this time. though i may use the rest of the dye.

whats a project without some blood!?

Swiftech's answer to the Nova 1080

mounted to supports, which will get mounted in the case.

i think 18 fans should be enough?

more pics,

and yes, i have to stand on my chair to fill the loop lol.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
wow.. some crazy setup u got that D:.. looks awesome.. wish i had one

·
Banned
4,710 Posts
Nice cooling but needs some newer hardware now to get the most from it.... Get a newer quad + P45 chipset and then i would LOVE to see you're temperatures

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. i would love to hook it all up to an i7 chip and see what i can do with that but my q6600 works plenty fine for what i do.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Nicely done! Real nice rig you have there. Hey if something is even worth doing its worth overkilling as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for all the pic's..

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Very nice. It might be more cost effective for you to just go for a bong though.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i could go bong, but that means open system, more maintenance. this works great and IMO looks it to!

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
ya i could go bong, but that means open system, more maintenance. this works great and IMO looks it to!
damn straight its nice to look at!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here are my temps with 5 tests using cadman's block. overall temps didn't go above 55C. tests where 10 minutes each.

tests are as follows.

1. stock clocks - p95 - 10 minutes
2. stock clocks - IBT - 10 minutes
3. 3.5GHz 1.4v - p95 - 10 minutes
4. 3.5GHz 1.4v - IBT - 10 minutes
5. 3.99GHz 1.6v - p95 - 10 minutes

i will be then testing my block, then my dtek and maybe make a chart with all 3 sets of temps.

then put back my 9800GTX in.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
^^
Twice the maximum head pressure AND peace of mind if one of them goes...not that these pumps ever quit!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDevilsWaffle View Post
Wow! Lots of great stuff here! Love how modded out you got with the external setup! One question, though:
Why two pumps? I'm newer to WCing and i'd love to understand the ideas behind your setup!
Thanks!
thanks, reasons below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waqasr View Post
^^
Twice the maximum head pressure AND peace of mind if one of them goes...not that these pumps ever quit!
yup

also i happened to have 2 pumps when i was running 2 loops. so why not.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha d0ctor
View Post

I like, it especially the TT armor + case

but why did you stack the pumps like that, it would be better for flow if you did

pump>rad>rad>pump>rad>cpu>res>etc

it would mean more tubing as i would have to run 4 tubes to the case instead of 2. also it won't make a major difference as it's a closed loop.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc
View Post

also i absolutely despise compression fitting prices i will be buying some to try them out and see just how worth it they are.

Compression fittings cost an arm and a leg but they look so darn hot in a system.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts