Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, (still) trying to fix some sort of wireless at my church (old wiring, stone construction,etc = WIFI Nightmare). A small section around the offices has a wired network. People want to have access across the building. Joy.

Found a Hawking Signal Booster Hi-Gain HSB2 http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/...=72&ProdID=187
Which seem to be able to help boost the actual broadcast power, so that plus a 7db antenna I'm hoping will help get us where we need to be.

Now comes the tricky part, the HSB2 only has one terminal where are the DIR-655 has three. Which one do I use? Does it make a difference? Didn't have much luck googling it, so hoping someone here knows.

Also, looking at switching the DIR-655, from the router spot (with a wired router) to the furthest out Ethernet point (perhaps 30' from current spot) into the building.

If I do this, does anyone know a link that will show me how I need to configure each router to have this work? Think it will help?

Thanks, as always.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
The Booster can be plug in to any of them. So might try each one intil you get it right.
The DIR 655 is MIMO. The three is for just for more out and more in.
I have ran my DIr 655 just off one before.

But the best solution would get another AP. to where the medium of repection is and keep repeat to get complete wireless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts