Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased the following things from another OCN member.

Swiftech MCR 220 rad
Danger Den CPX-1 pump
Swiftech MCRES Micro V1 res
Apogee GT block

I was wondering, with this setup is it possbile to cool my north and southbridges by simply adding blocks or what else would be needed?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
you would need another pump. all them blocks would put in a lot of restriction. i dont think theres anypoint in w/c your sb. id just get an aftermarket heatsink/fan if i were you. and if you only did nb and cpu, not sure how much flow this pump has, but it should be able to h andle tht.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I wouldn't suggest putting any more heat in that loop! A single MCR220 is good for just a CPU.

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Watercooling the SB is a waste of money (unless it's purely for the sake of l33tness), and the NB is only worth it if you will be pushing for insane clocks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinstrong
View Post

I wouldn't suggest putting any more heat in that loop! A single MCR220 is good for just a CPU.

I agree. If you want to add anything to your loop, you'll need to add another rad or upgrade the MCR220 to an MCR320 or similar triple rad.

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
meh, the loop should handle the extra NB just fine, but dont add the SB, just put a nice heatsink on that. that said, a good heatsink will keep any NB cooled properly as well.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
distilled water with some biocide (anti algae) such as pt nuke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts