Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the GPU and CPU sections are endlessly cluttered with "Office ____ Owner's Club!!" threads. Makes it impossible to navigate through these sections. Considering the overwhelming amount of "owner's club" threads, can we give them their own sub-section in these sections?

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
I agree that hardware / software specific clubs need their own sub section. Or at least turn rep on in the club section that we do have ( although that could invite rep abuse easily for clubs that really have no reason for rep ).

I also don't see much of a reason to have clubs for every single new piece of hardware / software and their revisions. In the Linux section we have 1 club ( echo "The `uname` club", or The Linux Club ). It would be an absolute mess if we had a club for every single little distribution and spin off that was ever made.

I think the same should be done with other sections, Instead of having a "GTX760" club and "GTX770" club and literally every single model to just narrow them down to "GTX7xx" club or the "Maxwell" club or whatever their codename be for each generation. Same for CPU's, stick with a "SandyBridge" club or "IvyBridge" club but not a club for 2400,2500,2500k,2600,2600k,2700k or every single one.

Example of what you were talking about...

And more below that. It's pretty ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrak View Post

I agree that hardware / software specific clubs need their own sub section. Or at least turn rep on in the club section that we do have ( although that could invite rep abuse easily for clubs that really have no reason for rep ).

I also don't see much of a reason to have clubs for every single new piece of hardware / software and their revisions. In the Linux section we have 1 club ( echo "The `uname` club", or The Linux Club ). It would be an absolute mess if we had a club for every single little distribution and spin off that was ever made.

I think the same should be done with other sections, Instead of having a "GTX760" club and "GTX770" club and literally every single model to just narrow them down to "GTX7xx" club or the "Maxwell" club or whatever their codename be for each generation. Same for CPU's, stick with a "SandyBridge" club or "IvyBridge" club but not a club for 2400,2500,2500k,2600,2600k,2700k or every single one.

Example of what you were talking about...

And more below that. It's pretty ridiculous.
I 100% wholeheartedly agree with this. It is pretty ridiculous, I'd say over 90% of the threads in each section are "____ Owner's Club" threads. It renders the forums useless to those of us who are looking for actual discussions and topics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts