Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorta off/on topic, but if you're running a premix do you need any additives/kill coils or is it good to go out of the bottle?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Double post. Damn my lightning click speeds.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr/owned View Post

Sorta off/on topic, but if you're running a premix do you need any additives/kill coils or is it good to go out of the bottle?
Premix already contains biocide and anti-corrosive. So no need to add anything.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHertz View Post

For those of you running Distilled Water + Kill Coil

Do you use any additional additives?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11744/ex-liq-154/IandH_Dead-Water_Copper_Sulfate_Biocidal_PC_Coolant_Additive_-_15_mL.html

What do you guys think about this product, should I add it to my loop? Do you use it?

Any suggestions and information would be great!
Kill coil is for inhibiting algae and the additive does the same thing. I heard that using copper sulfate causes some corrosion / leaching problem. So I would just stay with kill coil.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I know the stuff available from Mayhems, and I think Ice Dragon too, is meant to be used as is straight out of the bottle. No other additives needed. Sometimes the Mayhems are concentrates though and just require distilled to be added to get whatever mix you're going for.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

If you're already using kill coil, there is no need to add anything else such as that additive. I would leave it as is.
Thanks Mike, Dead Water can only help though from what I read, do you use distilled water + kill coil in your setup?

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Quote:

Thanks Mike, Dead Water can only help though from what I read, do you use distilled water + kill coil in your setup?
I have in the past. With my last setup though I was using Ice Dragon with a dye, no kill coil.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

I have in the past. With my last setup though I was using Ice Dragon with a dye, no kill coil.
Nice, So you think the 2 drops of dead water I added to my distilled and kill coil setup can't hurt right? I'm hoping it can only help I don't want to have to drain and refill my loop
smile.gif

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Quote:

Nice, So you think the 2 drops of dead water I added to my distilled and kill coil setup can't hurt right? I'm hoping it can only help I don't want to have to drain and refill my loop
smile.gif
Sure, can't hurt.
thumb.gif
Quoting from the description listed on the product here.
Quote:
It can be used alone, or as extra insurance against growth in conjunction with silver killcoils in Pure-sil or other pre-mixed coolants.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts