Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've just built a new PC, I currently have a gtx 770 OC installed, I would like to replace this with the ASUS Strix GTX 970, but wondered if the ASUS Strix GTX 970 OCed version may be better. What would the actual FPS difference be between the OCed and stock versions? I have worked it out as possibly 3-5 fps depening on numerous variables, is this correct?
Furthermore, what would you estimate the difference (FPS) to be between a stock ASUS Strix GTX 970 and the GTX 770 OCed model (EVGA)?

I have searched for the GTX 1000 series (or whatever they will be called) release date but details are lacking at best.

As always, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can you create a build for your profile so we know what you're running with? If you have an older system it may not be worth an upgrade, also you may have other components you would be best upgrading at this time.

What resolution monitor are you trying to drive, and what games are you trying to play? I just moved on from my EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB to an XFX R9 290X DD 8GB because I'm now using 3440x1440, but if I were still using 1080p I would have held onto my card until the new series are released this summer.

GTX970 is a much better performing card then the GTX770 overall, because of the newer architecture, but 770 is still nice. There is a lot of benchmark data out there if you search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts