·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Noctua. 'Nuff said.
6 U-shaped pipes (so practically 12, as I count em). Mine has 8 and a single fan and keeps 4Ghz CPU under 35C, so you can't go wrong with that Noctua.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That's a very good cooler, regarded as one of the best air coolers on the market. That thermal paste cleaner will work, another option is to use isopropyl alcohol and a paper towel which is available cheaper than that thermal paste cleaner from sites such as eBay.

EDIT - I believe the NH-D14 will fit in your case. Might be worth checking the noctua website to make sure that the cooler will clear your RAM.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnin426850
View Post

Noctua. 'Nuff said.
6 U-shaped pipes (so practically 12, as I count em). Mine has 8 and a single fan and keeps 4Ghz CPU under 35C, so you can't go wrong with that Noctua.

Yeah that would be a great choice. As far as that cleaner goes, it should be fine, but some good old toilet paper should be ok.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterCheese99
View Post

some good old toilet paper should be ok.

what I do

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i will order that and get a few extra case fans and see how it goes. I iwll post back when its set up. Thank you for responding quickly guys
Its been so hot playing battlefield 3

·
Registered
516 Posts
You'll like that cooler. I went from a hyper 212+ to the noctua and my temps dropped around 7 degrees at load. And I use coffee filters for cleaning tim along with some rubbing alcohol (the higher alcohol content the better).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts