Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know this topic has been done to death, but I cannot find any concrete information that relate to my situation. I currently have the following in my loop:
1x xpc 120mm pump/res
2x gtx 780ti hydro copper
1x250mm rad (copper)
1x 50mm rad (copper)
1x CPU block (copper)
1xsilver killcoil
using ek coolant with UV die

I stupidly just ordered two new rads without checking the material....its aluminium... would I have a problem with corrosion of the aluminium rads or any other part of the system?
I am hoping the use of the killcoil and proper coolant will help.

TBH I'm not really concerned about the possible eventual damage to the two aluminum radiators, I am more concerned if the rads will corrode my Gpu/CPU blocks..

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't know myself, however everything I've read has said that mixing aluminum and copper in your loop will be bad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A killcoil helps only with organic stuff, wont stop galvanic corrosion. I use mixed metals as well, an am running a 85% distilled water and 15% anti-freeze mixture without issues for about a year now. No sign of corrosion anywhere.

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cona View Post

I stupidly just ordered two new rads without checking the material....its aluminium... would I have a problem with corrosion of the aluminium rads or any other part of the system?
I am hoping the use of the killcoil and proper coolant will help.
First things first, which radiators are they?

Second, the killcoil won't prevent corrosion at all, if anything it will make it worse, I suggest you take it out and use biocide or pre-mixed coolant with biocide and anti-corrosives instead.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts