Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr. My CPU is an i7-950, which I will be upgrading to a 4770k or possibly the new proccessors but no clue yet. Either way it will be a 4770k or higher. I am thinking if I should get another GTX 760 to run SLI. I hear the performance is good and I have the 2gb edition. I hear that having the 4gb version wouldn't make sense because of how the GTX 760 utilizes its vram. I also only game in 1080p with one monitor. So is it worth getting another GFX card for SLI?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I vote yes to the SLI and the 4gb(though you could get away without it). With one 4gb 760, you will hit a performance wall before you would use more than 2gb of Vram. However, with the SLI, many games could actually use some of that extra Vram with that extra horsepower pushing your setup.

However, if you are currently on a 2gb card, just grab another 2gb model. Having two cards with different Vram amounts will always default to the lesser cards Vram amount. But 2gb 760's in SLI will perform nearly the same as the 4gb models, so you're fine
thumb.gif

·
Living life! Twice IfIHv2
3,459 Posts
Built a couple of 760 Sli systems now. Performance is great for the price of these cards. You have more than enough PSU, so i vote go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts