Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread some time ago about my interest to switch over to a full loop. Part of that includes my SLi 480's. I have been searching for some good deals on the web, in thee marketplace, etc. I have been offered some evga FTW hydro coppers and am wondering how they perform against, say, EK or Danger Den blocks?

I can get a decent deal, but would rather get new blocks if they perform better.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
308 Posts
If I recall correctly the EVGA block was running hot on the VRM and had higher restrictions than most other blocks however it was the best one on the GPU chip temps. I dont think the VRM temps is an issue but at the time a lot of people were making a big fuss about that.

I think you have to be more carefull about the restriction if you're using two of the EVGA blocks. What else is going to be in your loop?

Have a look at this thread: [XS] Skinnee Labs GTX480 Waterblock Roundup

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was very helpful. Thanks!

My place are to pick up a raystorm extreme rx240 and some gpu blocks for my sli 480's and 2600k. The xspc kit may come first and run just the CPU get the Gpu blocks abs another 240 rad down the road.

·
Registered
308 Posts
One thing is sure, you wont be able to cool both GPU and your CPU with only a 240 rad. I dont know much about the pump used in the RX240 kit but flow might be low too.

Take a look at Martin's liquid lab pump/radiator spreadsheet : Pump/Radiator Optimizer Spreadsheet
it will give you a very good idea of the flow rate and cooling performance of your loop before you build it. I believe that all the components you are planning to use are in the spreadsheet.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The raystorm extreme comes with the mcp655 or whatever (I'm not very familiar with water cooling parts). My plan is to run the single 240 that comes with the kit and add another 240 down the road when I get the gpu blocks. I've been told to have a 120 for every component plus an extra 120. Just need to figure out where I'm going to mount the second 240 rad in my Antec 1200.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts