Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would appreciate some advice on what closed-cup headphones to buy that I could use while traveling (I take the London Underground a lot) I would use them for music,
I like listening to a wide variety of music. It would also be good if they sent most of the music to me rather than my surroundings. These would be used with my mobile phone,
I'm looking to spend about £40 but may go as high as £60, no mic is needed, I live in the UK.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Are you wanting in ear (IEMs) or over your head (would be closed-cup to ensure no sound leakage)?

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
I have first hand experience with the Goldring NS1000 and would definitely recommend those. They are british so are pretty cheap for us over here, have excellent reviews, and can be had for under £60 (keep an eye out for bargains, there is a second hand pair on eBay which may stay cheap). They have active noise cancellation and, having used them on a plane, are bloody excellent at it and leak no sound at all. Pretty portable, can be driven from an iPhone (and others but that is what I have heard them through) easily so should be great for the tube.

EDIT: here are the completed price listings of eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=NS1000+goldring&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc all seem to be under £40 but honestly I'd have spent £80-100 on these and would have been happy.

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Not sure, take a look at the headphone club and possibly ask there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts