Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to start up a second build for travelling to lan parties with. I'm looking to get a mini-itx build. I already bought a small office pc from a friend with an i5 2400 vpro, Q67 Intel board, hp office style case and 8gb ddr3 1333 ram. and intel 330 120gb solid state.

I'm looking to keep the chip, ram and solid state but at the same time i want to use some of my spare parts laying around in the build.
Looking at the availability of mini itx motherboards in my country, there isn't much of a selection. I could take an asus H77i mini itx board but I'd like to avoid Asus. I'm also looking to replace the current case. I've looked at the bitfenix prodigy for a while now and haven't heard great things from some owners regarding the build quality.

Recommendations on a good board to fit the i5 and a good, small case to carry around is what i'm basically asking for

·
Old to Overclock.net
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized i'll need a minimal psu as well. It'll have to be enough power to feed a single GTS250 and maybe a bit of overclocking at a later stage. Maybe 550W?

·
Senior OCN Member
40,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure_cure View Post

Just realized i'll need a minimal psu as well. It'll have to be enough power to feed a single GTS250 and maybe a bit of overclocking at a later stage. Maybe 550W?
More then enough

The SilverStone Strider Gold 550 watts is 140mm long so it sould fit into most smaller cases

1 - 3 of 3 Posts