Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, recently my graphics card has been acting a bit crazy. Overheating like hell and under-performing in simple games like Truck Simulator (
).

Generally it's been a bit of a pain in the ass ever since I got it so I'm looking for something (even midly) better. I'm guessing since it's like 3 (I think) series behind the mid-range cards of the new series (either ATI or nVidia I don't care) will be enough to outperform my current one. It would be nice if it had a smaller cooling system cos this one is quite huge, loud (when it gets hot) and still proves to be useless.

Thanks in advance guys.

edit: Forgot to mention that I would like to keep it cheap-ish. I guess 150-200$ being the limit. Less would always be welcome if possible

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Ok,

Well, if you want to send me your old GTX I can bake it and use it for Physx.

On top of that, the best bang for buck card on the market is easily the ATI HD5770. I max out everything and have no problems.

If you can't max it out, get a second one
they are so cheap anyway it's easy enough to do it.

Comps

·
Registered
780 Posts
a 5770 or a gtx 460 are both good choices with your budget. i'd probably get a 460 and oc it quite a bit.. fermi cards really shine at higher frequencies

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sch010 View Post
a 5770 or a gtx 460 are both good choices with your budget. i'd probably get a 460 and oc it quite a bit.. fermi cards really shine at higher frequencies
it's not the frequencies that make you buy the card, it's the SLi scaling.

C

• Rep+
Reactions: Derekian

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
it's not the frequencies that make you buy the card, it's the SLi scaling.

C
true, but even 5770 crossfire is out of the op's budget. 460 sli would be way over lol. the 460's a great card because it's cheap and oc's well enough to punch above its weight

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot for your replies guys, HD5770 it is then
, and I guess a 2nd one in the near future and I'll be covered for some time.

Really appreciate your help cheers all.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
A 768mb 460 is in that price range, and quite a bit faster. For $150-200, newegg has the Gigabyte 1gb GTX460 for $199 AR. Amazing price/performance right there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts