Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss my community here at OCN. Member for a while but been away from posting for what seems like ages now. WOW! This place has grown. Kind of amazing.

Anyway, I built my rig *so embarrassing* March/April 2009. I currently have the same water running that I had the day I finished my build. I know my poor HK need some sort of cleaning. I can see the water get stopped up in certain parts of my loop mainly at the HK. As pressure builds up behind it, the water releases and makes a loud "gushing" noise. Bubbles have been present for a long time. It needs to be cleaned. If I drain the water, what can I flush through the loop to get the buildup out of my HK? I don't want to disassemble my computer because it's my main rig and my business can't afford the down time right now.

While this might not be recommended, my loop is going on almost 2 years without me doing anything else but blow out the radiator fins. I have some scripts that absolutely fry my CPU running between 30-40 minutes at temps spiking to 65C. The system is battle tested and has been completely reliable. I just need a little flush to get me another 10,000 miles.

Any recommended products?

·
Registered
969 Posts
It really really really depends what is in the block... not that it helps now, but theres some interesting enzymes that do wonders for knocking out growths, but in the medium to long run the system needs to be purged/bled/fine bristle brush scrub depending on how far ahead you thought = how much of a pain in the ass it is.

Also depending on what TIM you used, it could be that the interface between your blocks and the processors/heat sources is beginning to come loose or separate, making a void/reducing contact area, making your temps go up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts