Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i mentioned in the title i hope many of you help me to decide which one is good for these purposes, budget 400 - 500 $
rolleyes.gif

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norilink View Post

as i mentioned in the title i hope many of you help me to decide which one is good for these purposes, budget 400 - 500 $
rolleyes.gif
Screen Size?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
At the moment LG G2 has the best battery life of any Android phone, as far as I'm aware. The Note 3 has a slightly larger battery (3,200 mAh vs 3,000 mAh) but most people seem to find its battery life to be worse. There's also the size factor of the Note 3, which may be a pro or a con depending on your preference. Personally, I find it too big and it is significantly larger than the Galaxy S2 (so is the G2 but less so).

If you're not looking only for Android, the Windows phones tend to have better battery life than Android would with the same size battery. I can't comment about iPhones because I've never been interested.

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,243 Posts
I put out a vote for the Motorola Moto G. AMOLED phones should be avoided for web brrowsing, I would know, I have one.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post

I put out a vote for the Motorola Moto G. AMOLED phones should be avoided for web brrowsing, I would know, I have one.
I have the Moto G. My day started at 5AM and has been a typical day in college, went to classes and used it between, texted whenever I wasn't busy and browsed for over 2 hours. Brightness was at ~80% all day, went to the gym at 5PM and played music loud on headphones for 2 hours while I was there. Used GPS to make a 30min round trip, and now am home at 11:30PM with 50% battery left. Overall, pretty typical usage day.

As far as music goes.. to be honest I haven't fully explored that simply because I don't carry my Denon D2000's around with me, instead I have Denon earbuds that I use when I'm on the go. Quality is very nice so far though. When I have used it a few times with my D2000's it was pretty good, reasonably close to on par with my rig that has an X-Fi Forte in terms of quality. It can drive them pretty well too, well enough that if I were to recable them I'd use them for my mobile usage.

Overall, very nice phone and I'd recommend it, but if you get it, you MUST get the 16GB for the extra $20.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
LG G2 is said to have really good battery life. Also it has a large quality screen while the device is not too large in comparison. If you can afford it. Otherwise HTC One comes to mind.

As for music. In my experience it is about the music app. I have a Galaxy S4 mini and music played with the default music player is very dissatisfying, most other music apps were not enough for me as well, but Poweramp blew them all out the window, made my phone sound better than my quality Sony Walkman MP3 player. I don't know what taste in music you have, but if you want a clean sound and deep clean basses, than you're good with Poweramp.
That said, my phone isn't exactly top tier, so any recent android phone can theoretically be a good music player with a good music app. I chose a Samsung, because it had an SD card slot, so I have enough room for my music and photos and never worry about space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts