Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey don't wanna be a meany but I wouldn't suggest reading this it's just me ranting and wasting precious space on this forum because I'm depressed and have no where else to talk about it. (That and most of you are either married or at least positive so I can get advice... :-D)

Here's my thing, I'm engaged, I'm a work-a-holic with out a choice to not be one, I love theoretical discussions, philosophical disscussions. I want to do R&D on Quantum comptuers and Artificail Intellegence. With all this in mind I lack time two do 2 essiential things in life which are based on time such as all things in life are. 1 study to learn more, because when it comes down to it, all subjects I want to know I can't learn with out years of study time. Secondly personal time, if you ever look at my post times, they are rarely in the day, and if so it's because I gave up lunch to have a social life, and learn. Another thing, the future University I'm going to is a JOKE. Kansas University teaches Intro to AI and OS's at the 600 level, and the funny thing is, is that I have to beg to get into there school of engineering because I have a 1.8333333333 gpa (reason work) Now I work because I like food, I like shelter and parents will kick me out if I don't work. Oh and you would think I would have a lot (I'm 17 by the way) of money stalked up. Nope, not at all I have $27 dollars to my name and the first thing I've bought is this computer which to construct cost me roughly $270. So you are probably wondering where all the money went to. Rent, Car to take there daughter to school, Car insurance, Car gas, Food, Electricity (My bill go figure
). So I'm poor as dirt and work too much, have a fiance, and am a failure...

Advice?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Learn to live with it. Seriously, look into the extensive philosophy branches and realize that life is life. Some people have it great, some people have it good, some people have it decent, some people have it bad, and some people have it horrible.

Life is full of paradoxes. I'm in school now so I'll use that example. Not everyone is from some rich, spoiled family and actually have to work hard to pay for college. The thing is, to pay for college you must work, to work you must have time set aside to work. You can rarely find an actual balance of school time and work time. They always clash. You have to live with it as best you can. I could go on but I've brought so many things like this up before on my blog.

I'm not being pessimistic either. It's called honesty. Check some of my old posts at my blog. http://thenut.modblog.com ...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
if your tired of it all ,try to get into cellphone towers...
it pays well and if your smarter than the rest of the crew you will end up a foreman or RF field engineer like i was... you travel 90% of the time but your hotels and food are paid for... i used to do this but dont anymore due to not liking to travel... i was getting paid 60,000 a year but i didnt really have to pay rent electric or anything cause i traveled so much... so do this for a while and save then goto school and never look back....
you can PM me if you want more info... where are you located??

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
the first couple of months i did this i saved my perdium and bought a computer...perdium is food money + hotel... well the guy i worked for paid for the hotel but gave us 50 a day to eat.... so i ate 3 extra value meals and pocketed the other 35...i wish there was miniatx back then

but i later became the RF engineer which meant i basically ran diagnostics on the lines and antennas and downloaded the info into a computer and made the data presentable in word... oh yeah when i got this position they bought me a laptop.. since they didnt know anything about computers i basically made them think they needed top of the line
so i got one with a dvdrom which was new at the time

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

Hey don't wanna be a meany but I wouldn't suggest reading this it's just me ranting and wasting precious space on this forum because I'm depressed and have no where else to talk about it. (That and most of you are either married or at least positive so I can get advice... :-D)

Here's my thing, I'm engaged, I'm a work-a-holic with out a choice to not be one, I love theoretical discussions, philosophical disscussions. I want to do R&D on Quantum comptuers and Artificail Intellegence. With all this in mind I lack time two do 2 essiential things in life which are based on time such as all things in life are. 1 study to learn more, because when it comes down to it, all subjects I want to know I can't learn with out years of study time. Secondly personal time, if you ever look at my post times, they are rarely in the day, and if so it's because I gave up lunch to have a social life, and learn. Another thing, the future University I'm going to is a JOKE. Kansas University teaches Intro to AI and OS's at the 600 level, and the funny thing is, is that I have to beg to get into there school of engineering because I have a 1.8333333333 gpa (reason work) Now I work because I like food, I like shelter and parents will kick me out if I don't work. Oh and you would think I would have a lot (I'm 17 by the way) of money stalked up. Nope, not at all I have $27 dollars to my name and the first thing I've bought is this computer which to construct cost me roughly $270. So you are probably wondering where all the money went to. Rent, Car to take there daughter to school, Car insurance, Car gas, Food, Electricity (My bill go figure
). So I'm poor as dirt and work too much, have a fiance, and am a failure...

Advice?

17years old...job...fiance...dude, slow down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts