Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, when people want cases here, or anywhere for a matter of fact, the options are:
-Antec P180B
-ThermalTake Armor
-Antec Nine Hundred

But... I'm asking why? I know those are great cases, I have the P180B, and love it. However, are there other really good cases out there? For example, the AeroCool ExtremEngine 3T (Twin Turbine Technology) ATX Case. It has a 140mm front intake, 250mm side intake, and optional 2x80mm or 1x120mm exhaust. This case would go great with a Zalman CNPS due to the line of airflow, also, a GameXStream PSU would suck the air into the PSU, which would keep that cool. All of the reviews of the ExtremEngine I've read have been 4-5/5 and 9-10/10. Next, the mesh covered 5.25" bays are good to keep dush out yet allow air in, I, personally, love the huge fan, sleek black design, it's also effective. Looks great and performs great - great! Has anybody else bought or considered this case?
Linkage:
AeroCool -ExtremEngine 3T
neoseeker -ExtremEngine 3T

Thanks!
[OCN] Ninja_Boy

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I say just get a Coolmaster Centurion. That is the case that I suggest to almost everyone. Inexpensive and works well.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
My friend JetboyF16 just got the case and he loves it! It looks a lot better in person. It seems a little small when its up against my Antec Nine Hundred but the case looks so much better. lol. The airflow for that case he gets is really good. You can feel the air pushin out of the back.
. The only problem aesthetically i would say about the case is it picks up fingerprints like mad!! Thats about it. The front doors are really nice. JetboyF16 is hiding his P5W DH Deluxe Remote inside of the door. Really Handy.

• Rep+
Reactions: jetboyf16

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got my Antec P180B, I think that would be a little better for silence if I put the front 140mm on Low and the side 250mm on Low and added a AeroCool 140mm fan that goes in 120mm mounting holes in the back.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Ohh, i forgot to tell you that when on high u can barely hear the case fans.. all u hear is the cpu fan and the hdd's. When on medium its a slight whisper but on low, nothing, u cant hear anything.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was debating between the Centurion and the Extreme Engine 3T, but chose the latter because it looked so much better. It is hard to explain how cool this case is, and as Bloodthirstyemu said, it is so quiet. Even on high, it is still quieter than my laptop. And as Aerocool's website says, the airflow is amazing.

For Xmas, my mom is buying me a CNPS9700, Silverstone fm121 (for the back 120 port), and three cold cathode tubes. I plan to cut a square out of the side of the case, and put a piece of plexi-glass in it so that it would look even more awsome. Right now, my E6600 is at 3ghz on stock cooling, but with the 9700, and the monster of a fan sucking 110cfm out of the case, I hope to reach 3.8.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
There are tons of great cases out there. People mostly reccomend what they have, or want. And they think its a great case. I reccomend based off what people want, which makes for a wide variety.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i am planning on building a new computer, therefore i was looking around for cases. if you search the forum you probably will see my post of extremengine vs antec 900 thread.

that's not exactly the point. only reason i am disappointed about extremengine is that it does not have air exhaust on top of the case, however, their substitutes all do (antec 900 or TT armor w/ side fan).

at my area right now, the following are the current price (all values in CAD, no shipping costs included):

antec 900: $129
aerocool extremengine 3t: $134
TT armor w/ 25cm side fan: $161 after $30 MIR

as i considered, antec 900 and TT can have 4 sides w/ fans (front, back, one side, top), while aerocool extremengine only have 3 sides w/ fans (front, back, one side)

also, in order to completely use all mounting spots, i need to buy 3x 120mm fans for antec 900, 2x 80mm or 1x 120mm or 1x 140mm fan for aerocool extremengine, and nothing for TT armor. a good and quiet 120mm case fan no led costs around $18 depending on which one.

so with antec 900, after buying only 2 fans (rear and side), it would cost more than TT armor w/ 25 cm side fan. so antec 900 is eliminated.

aerocool extremengine after buying 1x 120mm comes within $10 difference with TT armor w/ side fans. however extremengine is missing clear side panel and top case exhaust. the marginal cost of $10 for the marginal benefit of clear side panel and top exhaust is really worth the $10. therefore aerocool extremengine is eliminated.

at last, TT armor w/ 25cm side fan stands as my best choice for the money.

that's just my reasoning to get TT armor for my area, if your area doesnt have the $30 MIR then it may not be worth it.

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love my Antec P180B. I just wish they came out with an Antec P190 like they said they were going to. 1x 120mm Front Intake, 1x 200mm Side Intake, 1x 120mm Rear Exhaust, 2x 140mm Top Exhaust. That would be lovely. I'd run Scythe S-Flex SFF21D 8.7dBA / 33.5CFM Fans everywhere and keep the Antec Big Boy (200mm Fan) on Low. It'd run cooler than a Nine Hundred, look better, support dual power supplies, and just look awesome. Dual SeaSonic M-12 SS-500HMs anybody?

[OCN] Ninja_Boy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.