Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here run the Aerocool shark fans? I have had one 140mm fan start to click from the bearing. I looked at it and it is not a ball type, and from the web site they say it is an "everlast bearing" or something like that. How do you take these things apart to service them?

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obakemono;14129787
NOBODY owns one of these fans except me?
confused.gif
Some of us work for a living.

From what I can tell the bearing is sealed.

How old is the fan? If it's under a year you may be able to rma it. Check with the manufacturer.

I must say that these fans - both the 120mm and the 140mm - have really grown on me, especially with the Voltage reduction wires. Sleeving is well done. It comes with a sleeved 7v adapter and an elegant sleeved Molex adapter. The LED's are pretty. The box has specs for the fans at 12v and 7v.

I really like these fans.

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehume
View Post

Some of us work for a living. So do I

From what I can tell the bearing is sealed.

How old is the fan? If it's under a year you may be able to rma it. Check with the manufacturer.

I must say that these fans - both the 120mm and the 140mm - have really grown on me, especially with the Voltage reduction wires. Sleeving is well done. It comes with a sleeved 7v adapter and an elegant sleeved Molex adapter. The LED's are pretty. The box has specs for the fans at 12v and 7v.

I really like these fans.

I have contacted Aerocool about it and will be RMA'ing the fan. I just wanted to see if anyone had the same fans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts