Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi overclockers .
I want you all to help me choose one case for my new system !
I love white cases so these 3 are my favorites :

Aerocool Xpredator
- Yes I can find it in my country(Greece) at low price
- Is there a problem with this case ? ( http://www.overclock.net/t/1336597/cm-storm-trooper-vs-haf-x-vs-xpredator )
- The HDD mount is a problem for a future custom watercooling system ?

Coolermaster Storm Stryker
-I love the design of this case
- Any problem known for this case ? What about the watercooling potential of this case the HDD Cubes will be a problem ?
- The control panel seems a bit plastic to me .

Corsair 600T
-Expensive
-Smaller
-Will a water cooling system fit this case ?
-Better (?) build quality

If you have another idea post it please ! I don't want to spend a lot of money in order to buy better hardware parts for my system ..
If you have one of these cases post a photo from the inside plz
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
The Xpredator is the same case as the Rosewill Thor V2. It's one of the best cases out there right now for air cooling and it's incredibly roomy and most people agree that it's well built. It's sub-optimal if you plan on easy water cooling though since you'll have to mod the case to mount the radiators.

The Storm Stryker is an okay case for air cooling and, personally, I don't like the internal layout as much as the Xpredator. That said, it is a much better case for water cooling. There are people who have pretty decent loops in them and it's not that hard to set up.

The 600T is an attractive case, but doesn't cool as well as the Xpredator and isn't the easiest case to install true water cooling in. It will handle an H100 in push or pull, but any custom loop takes more work.

The C70 is an all around mediocre case and not one you want for water cooling.

So, if you're set on water cooling with a custom loop in the future, the Storm Stryker is the best case. If you're sticking with air, the Xpredator. If you're willing to mod the case, the Storm Stryker or Xpredator. If you're only going with a CLC, the Strorm Stryker or 600T.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbinator View Post

The Xpredator is the same case as the Rosewill Thor V2. It's one of the best cases out there right now for air cooling and it's incredibly roomy and most people agree that it's well built. It's sub-optimal if you plan on easy water cooling though since you'll have to mod the case to mount the radiators.

The Storm Stryker is an okay case for air cooling and, personally, I don't like the internal layout as much as the Xpredator. That said, it is a much better case for water cooling. There are people who have pretty decent loops in them and it's not that hard to set up.

The 600T is an attractive case, but doesn't cool as well as the Xpredator and isn't the easiest case to install true water cooling in. It will handle an H100 in push or pull, but any custom loop takes more work.

The C70 is an all around mediocre case and not one you want for water cooling.

So, if you're set on water cooling with a custom loop in the future, the Storm Stryker is the best case. If you're sticking with air, the Xpredator. If you're willing to mod the case, the Storm Stryker or Xpredator. If you're only going with a CLC, the Strorm Stryker or 600T.
Thank you for your answer .
So it is about Storm Stryker or Xpredator .
Difficult decision . I plan to built a watercooled system in two - one year after i build this system and I don't want to have to buy an other case then . I really like this two cases but ther is one disavantage for both .

Xpredator : The front hdd case (I'll cut it if I want more space) ( I am also concerned about build quality , in the other thread the owner of the case is dissapointed
exclamation.gif
: )
Storm stryker : same thing except build quality .

·
Registered
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khr1s View Post

Can you say why ? I really like all three cases:D
The stryker has the handle and the c70 is a smaller case with limited room. i don't like how the side window fans and grills are placed. I like the 600t also but it has no handle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts