Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
X58 Enthusiast
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my computer hooked up to my TV and wanted to get a better TV for gaming. Right now I have a cheap 32" Samsung 30hz 720p TV, and I can only use it for watching TV/Netflix and playing single player games due to the slow refresh rate. I'd like to spend ~$300-500 but am willing to go a bit higher if it has exceptionally low latency and motion blur.

I'd like to get a much larger screen since I end up having to sit at the very edge of my bed (~6 feet) to be able to see most details on my current 32", and I'd like to be able to play games comfortably from the other side of the room (~10 feet), something in the ballpark of 50-65". Since I plan to sit pretty far away and plan to use it mainly for gaming I don't need 4k or 3D, and would just like to get a 1080p TV that can output 120Hz. I'd also prefer to stay away from "smart" TV's since I'll have my PC hooked up and the software would just get in the way.

The main thing I'm having a hard time finding is a TV with the features I want + low latency and motion blur; I'd like it to be in the 10-20ms range, since I plan on using this as my main display for gaming (Mainly GTA Online & CS;GO) instead of my 1600x900 60Hz Monitor, and would like to avoid upgrading my monitor if I can get a low latency TV instead for a good price. That said, for a good price I can deal with 20-40ms.

Picture quality, contrast, etc... isn't a huge priority, as almost anything is better than my current tv (from ~2009).

It will also need to be wall mounted.

Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Non-Sony TV's use LED PWM Dimming or Flicker which ruins motion clarity and makes some people suffer from health issues like headaches and/or eyestrain.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/content/pulse_width_modulation.htm#side_effects

PWM/Flicker Free BenQ BL3201Ph (left) versus the 'popular' 40" 4K Philips with PWM and slow pixel response times:

The new Philips BDM4350UC is supposed to be PWM/Flicker Free and is being reviewed by PC Monitors. Wait for their review since the 2015 Sony TV's still available have high input lag, and no one has released a PWM Free TV with low input lag this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts