Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me, I need a program that will set 3D clocks and keep them there, MSI Afterburner isn't doing it, even when set to. It's a pain in the arse as my card crashes when returning to 2D clocks after exiting games. Pissing me off.

If someone could help me get afterburner to do it that would be great also.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have. it's so frustrating because 3d clocks/gaming for 8 hours or more is perfectly stable... and it crashes just in the desktop.

It starts some afterburner server or something but it doesn't appear to be doing anything!

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please help, i have done a full reformat and this problem is still happening

I am in the process of getting an RMA # but I need something to force 3d clocks. Afterburner isn't. I have set the 2D and 3D profiles but it lowers to 401mhz, then 51mhz and also lowers the voltage. Card has been flashed the the latest BIOS

Maybe Afterburner cannot control the 2D clocks. Is the GPU BIOS overriding anything I set in afterburner?

·
OG AMD
8,927 Posts
Surely is a driver issue-since the 460 is so new.Have you tried setting your clocks and closing AB? Also go into the config file in AB and make sure you have the right options enabled.If nothing works,just be patient-AB does a good job of updating and fixing bugs.Send a report to them.Also check if there is an updated bios for your GPU.

As for the server thing,that sounds like the OSD-Onscreen display-go into the AB settings and disable all OSD options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts