Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Network Architect
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I cant seem to figure this one out, I was in the middle of a remote desktop connection to my sig rig, one second Afterburner is running fine and then I noticed my gpu monitoring sidebar gadget quit working and says "Could Not Read GPU Monitor Data" And when I go into Afterburner, I am not able to change any settings, it isnt locked, and the performance/monitoring graphs are not there at all...Everything is at zero as if there isnt a GPU at all

What did I do O_O

·
Registered
981 Posts
This condition persists after a restart or does it just last during the RDP session?

·
Network Architect
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it started during like the second time i RDP'ed and persisted (even after i disconnected the RDP) until i logged in and Logged Out on my sig rig (not on RDP) and logged back in... does Afterburner not like MDP?

thats kind of a bummer because I would like to be able to see what my GPU is doing especially during RDP and im not around to shut down if anything happens to it, at least I would know sooner

·
Registered
981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by raidmaxGuy
View Post

Well it started during like the second time i RDP'ed and persisted (even after i disconnected the RDP) until i logged in and Logged Out on my sig rig (not on RDP) and logged back in... does Afterburner not like MDP?

thats kind of a bummer because I would like to be able to see what my GPU is doing especially during RDP and im not around to shut down if anything happens to it, at least I would know sooner

Hmm, I think RDP is shutting down low level access as a security measure. You can try using VNC(it works, I do it a lot, monitoring programs work fine through it) or you can see if there's a security setting in RDP and try making RDP a bit less secure.

·
Network Architect
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by B7ADE
View Post

Hmm, I think RDP is shutting down low level access as a security measure. You can try using VNC(it works, I do it a lot, monitoring programs work fine through it) or you can see if there's a security setting in RDP and try making RDP a bit less secure.

Ok, will try, rep+

·
Registered
981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by raidmaxGuy
View Post

Ok, will try, rep+

Thanks, another thing I'll suggest is that you install the VNC server as a service on your comp so it'll be always on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts