Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had zalman 9500 that i was gonna put on my old system but decided to save it for this system that i am putting together now. so my question, i have all the parts in front of me now and have read that the evga boards have parts on the back of them that make it hard to install something like this. How true is this? This is my first build and am trying to make things run as smoothly as possible. thanks.

·
Retired
2,446 Posts
I have heard that also, however, I had no trouble at all installing the backplate for my Tuniq Tower 120. Just pay attention when you are installing it, and make sure you dont crush any transistors or anything like that. That being said, you will not have any trouble at all mounting the 9500, prior to installing my Tuniq I had a 9700, the mounting bracket is extremely similar to the stock mounting bracket.

·
Retired
2,446 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by decapitator View Post
ok thanks i've heard alot of people saying they had to dremel things to make it work.
Depends on the backplate. I heard alot of people having to do that when installing Scythe coolers *I think*. I know for sure though that you wont have any problems with the 9500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.