Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the news was released at the start of this year (2005), i was waiting till admin got the news forum up but i dont know what has happened to that.

Age of Empires 3 will be avialbale in the second half of 2005 but early second half (around august). It is a little way off but atleast then they'll have Gcards that can handle the extreme graphics of this game. Yuo can notice the fine details already, like mist and smoke form cannons drifting and houses with excellent shadows. The light glows and reflects of shinny armor with excellent lighting effects. Thsi game has a 3D Environment to die for, just have a look for your self (below)

It looks excellent...

Cant wait. To see 5 more pics, visit www.ensemblestudios.com

Please comment...

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to slug through months of school until this comes out, look at the rolling hills and perfect environment, the trees ar excellent aswell, the final product should look a little better aswell (maybe)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hopfully they'l actually make more ages..

AOE2 has what, 5 ages?

Empire earth owns... It has like 20 ages...

Prety sad its called "age of empires" and all about uprgading to the next year, but it only upgrades 5 times =\\

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummmmm, it looks 20x better than rome total war and it should be 20x better as age of empires 2 was than all other games in it's day

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy
Ummmmm, it looks 20x better than rome total war and it should be 20x better as age of empires 2 was than all other games in it's day
Bah. Starcraft was far more entertaining that AoE2. That whole "age" concept is stupid IMHO.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon
Bah. Starcraft was far more entertaining that AoE2. That whole "age" concept is stupid IMHO.
age is kinda cool.. except the fact that aoe only has like 5 ages..

check out Empire earth.. its just like aoe 2, except u can zoom in to eye level withj your people, and theres like 20 ages..

but your rright, starcraft owns all.. its in its own leauge tho, the OWNAGE LEAGUE!

7 years i'v been playing, and guess what, to this very day, its the most played game on my computer

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Empire earth gets outta control, and Blob, with your 9800XT i dont think your card could handle any better models. The horses are the only thing i can see that are square. Remember, Rome: Total War has horses that look like my mobo box (squared and cubed).

I guees we all have different tastes, now come on though, no game is perfect.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee

check out Empire earth.. its just like aoe 2, except u can zoom in to eye level withj your people,

That ability doesn't impress me anymore, it's been around since Star Wars Force Commander, something like four or five years ago I guess (I played it on a 366MHz P3!) It just means that they have more detailed models than they really need for an RTS.

Quote:

and theres like 20 ages..

I just don't like ages in general, it's a personal preference. I stopped playing games that used them at Star Wars Galactic BattleGrounds (based on AoE2 engine). It is always seems to be a race to the next age, first one to the last age wins.

Quote:

but your rright, starcraft owns all.. its in its own leauge tho, the OWNAGE LEAGUE!

7 years i'v been playing, and guess what, to this very day, its the most played game on my computer

Starcraft is about as close to a perfect game as I have played in 25 years of playing games. I am staggered that there are no (announced) plans to make a sequel. Either they are making one and are keeping it under tight wraps, or they are afraid of messing with the image of their "gold standard" game. It has to have been discussed in some boardroom meeting!

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

theres always starcraft: ghost...

Sadly, as much as I like the game universe, I also do not care for stealth games. So I suspect I will not care for Ghost.

When the heck is that going to come out, anyway? Isn't it something like two years late at this point?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts