Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if the value you imput is the total Memory available or does it take the DDR into effect? So like if I have a 128mb card should I put 128mb aperture size or 64? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm_walker

I wanted to know if the value you imput is the total Memory available or does it take the DDR into effect? So like if I have a 128mb card should I put 128mb aperture size or 64? Thanks

It does use your system memory. I always set it to what ever my Video memory is. It basically doesn't kick in until your video cards resources are used up during a game or graphic intense application.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

no not half your ram size read this

http://www.rojakpot.com/showFreeBOG....ang=0&bogno=32

thanks for the link...
I do know that i needed to bump my aperature up to 256 to get doom3 to run in ultra mode

before that i had it at 128, i think if you have the memory to spare you should give it to your video card if you play alot of games, and i think thats where the half mentality came about

I wouldnt rule it out as being the wrong answer though, if that was the case i would only need to set my aper to 64 or 128 and then i would notbe able to run in ultra mode

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
you dont want to give aperature size too much of your ram otherwise your system can and will end up freezing where it runs out of physical and virtual memory for the OS.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
In the old days it was %50 of vid card mem.

Now depending on the demands of the progs (games) in his case!
The total Vid RAM = OB RAM + Vid Card RAM
128meg card may require up to 512 megs allocated to the AGP Aperature<<< if you still have 128-256 left to run OS that is ... 256 min preferd.
256 meg card allocate 256megs to the AGP Aperature
I like having a gig of OB RAM... 512 AGP Aperature Allocation.
So since you have 512 megs of OB RAM allocate 256

1 - 9 of 9 Posts