Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if the value you imput is the total Memory available or does it take the DDR into effect? So like if I have a 128mb card should I put 128mb aperture size or 64? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm_walker

I wanted to know if the value you imput is the total Memory available or does it take the DDR into effect? So like if I have a 128mb card should I put 128mb aperture size or 64? Thanks

It does use your system memory. I always set it to what ever my Video memory is. It basically doesn't kick in until your video cards resources are used up during a game or graphic intense application.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

no not half your ram size read this

http://www.rojakpot.com/showFreeBOG....ang=0&bogno=32

thanks for the link...
I do know that i needed to bump my aperature up to 256 to get doom3 to run in ultra mode

before that i had it at 128, i think if you have the memory to spare you should give it to your video card if you play alot of games, and i think thats where the half mentality came about

I wouldnt rule it out as being the wrong answer though, if that was the case i would only need to set my aper to 64 or 128 and then i would notbe able to run in ultra mode

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
In the old days it was %50 of vid card mem.

Now depending on the demands of the progs (games) in his case!
The total Vid RAM = OB RAM + Vid Card RAM
128meg card may require up to 512 megs allocated to the AGP Aperature<<< if you still have 128-256 left to run OS that is ... 256 min preferd.
256 meg card allocate 256megs to the AGP Aperature
I like having a gig of OB RAM... 512 AGP Aperature Allocation.
So since you have 512 megs of OB RAM allocate 256

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.