Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Been there, done that
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I bought an AGP HIS 3650 for an old dell that is currently running Vista Business w/ service pack 2. The ATI X850 Pro that was in it died.

So I installed the latest 3000 Agp series drivers from ati. After installation of the card the device manager in windows says that the currently installed display adapter is a Viston Tek HD 2600 XT.
Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sounds strange? As basic as it sound may i suggest taking the card out, reinstalling drivers and put it back in.
I cant think of why that would happen, unless the supplier got confused and it really is a 2600XT? (They are bett than 3650's aren't they?)

·
Been there, done that
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am puzzled too. I ordered it from new egg new, and it was in the 3650 box and all. I don't know how they could have put a 2600 chip though on a 3650 board. Weird stuff....and Installing 3000 series drivers that read as 2600?

·
Registered
158 Posts
visionTek radeon hd 2600 XT AGP - its actually the HIS HD 3650..

This happened once i finally ran the ati 9.12 'hotfix'. prior to that the normal 9.12 would not complete the install so i was left using the HIS drivers supplied for Vista.

Windows 7 scores with the HIS Vista driver: aero 2d - 2.7, 3d gaming - 4.7.
Windows 7 scores with the hd 2600 XT driver - after hotfix: aero 2d - 2.9, 3d gaming 6.0!!

so the new drivers are working well. but i still can not play full screen 720p. i dont think i have enough processor.

Looking forward to when the proper new ATI 3650 agp drivers will come out for windows 7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts