Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had heard that 5500 Overclocked can be a decent video card, so I will going to overclock it, I was thinking about raising carefully and slowly my 3D clock and memory clock to 330/450 at least, but I have interrogative, my AGP clock is at 66mhz, I know that the AGP is crussial in 3D, so should I oc it too? and for how much...

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
You should never mess with the AGP slots frequency..it should always really be left at 66mhz..Anyhigher or anylower can actually cause damage to your card and or your AGP slot...It is fine to OC the actual card nameely the Clock speed and Memory speed but dont touch the AGP slot Frequency.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, just I meet a guy that Overclocked his FX5500 256mb at 81mhz! and worked fine, dunno, I will not going to OC the AGP frequency then, don't want to damage my card

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MouTiOn

another thing, I have two clocks 2D and 3D, I should OC both or just the 3D Performance?

Personally I have clocked both 2d and 3d so I can keep an eye on the temps. But if you use it for playing games you only need to adjust the 3d performance.

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy

Personally I have clocked both 2d and 3d so I can keep an eye on the temps. But if you use it for playing games you only need to adjust the 3d performance.

You will see a more noticeable improvement If you oc the 3D CLOCK but oc'ing th 2D clock wont hurt and will increase performance so why not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.