Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, i know there are AGP + PCIE boards out there, to help people upgrading from AGP to PCIE, but are any of them actually any good for overclcoking, and are any of them actually good boards in general? I dunno why, it just seems like the impossible dream for me.

Anyone have any experiance in them?

EDIT: Oh and its for the 939 platform.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,831 Posts
Well the ones with agp and pcie shortan the life of your agp card.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Double Helix

I was just wondering, i know there are AGP + PCIE boards out there, to help people upgrading from AGP to PCIE, but are any of them actually any good for overclcoking, and are any of them actually good boards in general? I dunno why, it just seems like the impossible dream for me.

Anyone have any experiance in them?

EDIT: Oh and its for the 939 platform.

A wiser move would be to sell the motherboard and the card and get a PCI-E mobo and a possibly slightly less powerful PCI-E card, but then youll have a operational PCI-E system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, but i dont want to kill my 3d performance, as i play loads of games and im on a super tight budget as i am an apprentice and i dont got lots :S

I'd like to get a good amnount of money if i did sell, that was the original plan. It seems that people wont give me £150 for a g card that cost me £200 like, 2 months ago
and none of my friends want any of my stuff, so im up the creek. i want something that will overclock a little better than my old AV8. How will a dual GPU solution lessen the life of my AGP card? will it do the same to a PCIE card in the other slot?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
64,361 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by tylerand

Well the ones with agp and pcie shortan the life of your agp card.

Well for a start thats a load of poo there. But i have experience with these boards as the one in my sig is a Dual graphics board and ther great..If you have any questions..just PM me or ask in this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does it overclock? im really just getting into overclocking and i'd like to know a bit about what differs one board to another, and wether these boards are stable and offer good features. The av8 is so handy with the 3RD Eye. im gonna miss it!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
64,361 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Double Helix

how does it overclock? im really just getting into overclocking and i'd like to know a bit about what differs one board to another, and wether these boards are stable and offer good features. The av8 is so handy with the 3RD Eye. im gonna miss it!



Well people have said that asrock isnt the best for ocing but i havent had the a problem with it and this board is really stable..I havent had a problem with it at all and is very affordable plus my mobo in my sig beats the asus ones in the benchmarks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have any 939 dual graphics solutions? What kind of OC are you running?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
i have the ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2 and im running 270x10 with out a problem,thing with this mobo is that the official bios files have a bios HTT cap at 274HT, there are modded bios's that lift this though.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top