Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been lookin around for quiet a while for my new 6600GT and Ive seen many times that the PCI cards cost about 30 bux less... But to me that doesnt seem right, considering that with the PCI card u can get better performance because of the data flowing in and out at the same time of the slot etc... So can anyone explain to me why the PCI prices are lower???

·
Registered
446 Posts
Its actually PCI-Express which allows more data transfer and a it requires a different slot than agp or pci

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentdeathX
Ive been lookin around for quiet a while for my new 6600GT and Ive seen many times that the PCI cards cost about 30 bux less... But to me that doesnt seem right, considering that with the PCI card u can get better performance because of the data flowing in and out at the same time of the slot etc... So can anyone explain to me why the PCI prices are lower???

no no not the PCI. PCI is slower than AGP. Its the PCI-Express that is faster than AGP.

Fold for overclock.net!!!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
agp is more expensive then pci-express(not pci) because comanies want to have people buy the newer technology, so they increase the price of the old slots so people buy the newer ones. pci-e is new, so to have demand the prices must be lower....agp is the older format, which companies are trying to make quickly dissapear

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
agp is more expensive then pci-express(not pci) because comanies want to have people buy the newer technology, so they increase the price of the old slots so people buy the newer ones. pci-e is new, so to have demand the prices must be lower....agp is the older format, which companies are trying to make quickly dissapear
Okay thanx for the knowledge man!

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
It has more to do with supply and demand than anything. We just had a thread about why Athlon XP prices are skyrocketing. AGP cards are becoming obsolete and slowly being replaced by PCI express. AGP cards are lower in production with about the same demand therefore prices are going up or staying around their original prices.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yes thats true too....i kind of said that a little worng, but i see it the way u say to. they are making more AGP cards right now though, so i dont get why some are more expensive other then moving in newer products

1 - 10 of 10 Posts