Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LifIsPeachy02

How do i up my AGP voltage? I can't find a setting for it in my BIOS.

you have to do a volt mod which isnt easy..im pretty sure you can't do it through bios or and software you have to physically mod it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprachuan

you have to do a volt mod which isnt easy..im pretty sure you can't do it through bios or and software you have to physically mod it.

Thats the only way? I have heard of a lot of people changing it thru their BIOS.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
overvolting the AGP bus generally isnt needed although it has been known to prevent "stutter" through the card receiving bad signals at default AGP voltage, do not raise your AGP voltage above 1.7v. for any VC info you need try checking out my guide

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

overvolting the AGP bus generally isnt needed although it has been known to prevent "stutter" through the card receiving bad signals at default AGP voltage, do not raise your AGP voltage above 1.7v. for any VC info you need try checking out my guide

Thats a great guide there. But how exactly do i got about changing it??

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
in your bios somewhere there will be an option saying something along the lines of "AGP voltage" the setting you should see next to it is 1.55v, raise this to 1.6v and that will supply a much better signal to your VC

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

in your bios somewhere there will be an option saying something along the lines of "AGP voltage" the setting you should see next to it is 1.55v, raise this to 1.6v and that will supply a much better signal to your VC

Is this in the computer BIOS when i start up? If so I can't find that setting. All i found realating to voltage was the CPU VCour.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

hmm......odd, if its really not there try updating your bios.

I will try that. Can i make a CD-R bootable for this instead of a floppy i don't have a floppy drive??

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yes you can. Look for a bootable CD ISO image download on google.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LifIsPeachy02

I will try that. Can i make a CD-R bootable for this instead of a floppy i don't have a floppy drive??

there is a thread on that in this very forum somewhere, i cant find it though, anyone else seen it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts