Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i got my new LANParty board and its freakin awesome! I love it! But when i went to change my AGP voltage to 1.50 or 1.60, my ATITool FPS was amazingly low, at like 85 fps. its almost 300 when its set to auto.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by overclocking-the-world

What does auto set it to?

I dunno. It just says Auto.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by overclocking-the-world

NO, I have 5.1. What is your Core speed and Memory speed?

Stock.

·
Registered
996 Posts
increasing vga voltage in bios doesnt increase the voltage to the gpu it only overvolts the vga bus. The gpu gets its power from the 4 pin molex so overvolting or undervolting shouldnt affect ur graphics card much at all.

try doing a clean install of drivers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but... Here's my question...

So increasing the AGP-voltage in the bios wont improve the performance of my card??? Even with my 325->390 / 277->320 OC... And I realize the molex (in my case its the power-connector like a floppy) provides power to the card too, but...?

Any input?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
it does make a difference. by increasing my 9800XTs voltage from 1.5 to 1.65, i was able to overclock 35 more mhz...IMO thats a big difference.

but it doesnt help at stock speeds at all.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas

it does make a difference. by increasing my 9800XTs voltage from 1.5 to 1.65, i was able to overclock 35 more mhz...IMO thats a big difference.
but it doesnt help at stock speeds at all.

I bumped it up to 1.60v from 1.50v (the only 2 options) and also bumped my RAM voltage up too... .8v from.7v, I think... Have been able to gain a few more Mhz core/mem though, just havent really pushed it yet...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts