Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jost got my 6800gs for my birthday, it came early and im soo frickin pumped right now!!!! but i was wondering how i should remove the drivers of my old card before installing the new ones.... there was a quick faq on how to do this and i will search for it but any other input is well appreciated!

i will taking pics throughout the installation for the newbies on how to install a videocard or other components

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

i jost got my 6800gs for my birthday, it came early and im soo frickin pumped right now!!!! but i was wondering how i should remove the drivers of my old card before installing the new ones.... there was a quick faq on how to do this and i will search for it but any other input is well appreciated!

i will taking pics throughout the installation for the newbies on how to install a videocard or other components

www.drivercleaner.net

Run drivercleaner and remove all nvidia graphics drivers. Then shut down/switch cards and boot up again and install new drivers. Simple, yet effective.

• Rep+
Reactions: pbasil1

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thatrs what i thought... thx!

LOL im too excited right now i need to calm down before i break something!!!LOL

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Use the driver cleaner, and then turn off computer, take out currect GPU, then put in the 6800GS then turn on the computer (make sure its power is conected to the PSU) install driver from CD and walla ....you lucky your got that 6800GS, hopefully get that or the 7800GS soon

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey what brand is it? I have one on the way and I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha!!!!!! i love this thing! i was missing out on so much in the games i played with my crappy old GF3!!!! one word explenation. ASTONISHING!

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Quote:

hahaha!!!!!! i love this thing! i was missing out on so much in the games i played with my crappy old GF3!!!! one word explenation. ASTONISHING!

Yeah that's like going from chevrolegs to an f-22.

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
umm last couple times i installed video cards, i disabled the old one, then i just popped it in, plug in the monitor, boot, install drivers. done. then go into settings and turn up the resolution and refresh rate

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here are some pics and what not.... cant wait to overclock this sucker!!!

oh and what are some good drivers? im downloading the latest ones from evga site right now, are there better? lemme know!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Quote:

here are some pics and what not.... cant wait to overclock this sucker!!!

oh and what are some good drivers? im downloading the latest ones from evga site right now, are there better? lemme know!

may want to change your graphics card in you system specs

·
Registered
20 Posts
68GS is a good card. Better than mine...

I'm also curious as to which brand it is...
And remember to update your system specs so people know your video card doesn't suck anymore.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

may want to change your graphics card in you system specs

Beat me to it

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
changed it.... so are there any good drivers i may want to download that are better than the latest ones from evga?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
are they 81.98? That is the latest from nvidia... and get coolbits and rivatuner.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok im tryin to install the latest drivers and this is what it says,i have the drivers from the disk installed that came with the card, but now im trying to update them and this is what comes up!?

HELP!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdub998

are they 81.98? That is the latest from nvidia... and get coolbits and rivatuner.

hmmmm i suggest just coolbits, riva tuners doesnt do anything coolbits doesnt really....

Is that happening with the driver cd?, just pop the driver cd that came with the card, they are just as good as any other driver

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok im downloading dirvers off of nvidia.com to see if it works...hopefully it does

1 - 20 of 26 Posts