Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got my sound card today which is the creative sound blaster audigy sb0090 and i installed all the drivers and everything seemed o.k because i could play music and all sorts but wen it came to playing a game there was no sound and in one of my games it says there is no 3d sound acceleration....im confused and need to fix this so plz help me

reps for ppl who help

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
hmmm, i would update the drivers from the Creative website, and if that doesnt do it then it might be somekind of conflict, like if u run alot of pci cards, it might not have enough bandwidth for itself.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
You disabled onboard sound in the BIOS? There is also a little startup program, which get installed with the other Creative bloatware, when installing your card, drivers and apps, which is listed as "CTHelper". I could go into what it does, but it's really unimportant. The important thing is that many many people (including myself) have had conflicts with their shiny new sound card, which were magically resolved by disabling CTHelper in startup. Give it a try, it can't hurt.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
di u disable ur onboard sound? *edit o u did* -- remove all sound drivers from ur system and then install the latest drivers from the creative labs site

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Lol I Have Already Done That , But By Disabling It Do U Think I Buggered Sumthing Up ??

could be a possibility, but did you disable your onboard sound? b/c if you didnt then there is a conflict between the 2 audio outputs.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey due,first ,with a sound card,you ALWAYS want to have it in the third PCI slot down not including your AGP,for some reason board manufacturers have predetermined the IRQ's this way.If you do not have it in the third slot you may get errors like ,upon driver installation you see"Windows could not detect a sound device in your system" or "Windows could not detect a creative device in your system".Most of the time ,thats the problem!Also,upon my purchase of MY shiny new audigy 2 gamer,I could not get it to take ANY drivers!!!!The thing that fixed it was ,I had to reinstall windows cuz I think there must be windows drivers that get installed for the sound card even before you install the sound drivers.?.?.?that make the card function properly.
DOn't know if any of that helps but hey,,,,some info is better then none right???

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i will try re-enabling the ct helpers see if that makes a difference ....everything is working apart from sum audio in games but i have tested a few games and its only the main menu sounds that dont work but ingame it does which is 2 confusing ...any ideas ????

do u think re-setting my bios to defaults will sort it out ??

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ge-Force

Hey due,first ,with a sound card,you ALWAYS want to have it in the third PCI slot down not including your AGP

no ya dont the driver id a card the with a hw id that is broadcast by the card , this is where the irq is determined from - u dont need it in the 3rd pci i had mine in the 5th in my old pc; the only reason for puttin it in the 3rd would b that it may be a bus master slot on some boards

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai_Jao

no ya dont the driver id a card the with a hw id that is broadcast by the card , this is where the irq is determined from - u dont need it in the 3rd pci i had mine in the 5th in my old pc; the only reason for puttin it in the 3rd would b that it may be a bus master slot on some boards

Yeah,,,with old systems,it doesn't matter! the boards were set up with a shared bus for all PCI's,With the newer boards IT DOES MATTER! There is a slot which receives and sends the best bandwidth for a sound card...the 3rd one!The entire PCI array is givin a certain amount of bandwidth and whether you agree or not,it is fact that the third slot has the best,unobstructed bandwidth passage! Now,keep in mind that the card may work in other slots(I said "may"),but it doesn't mean it's gonna work at it's best potential.If ya doubt it ,look it up!

I went lookin ,couldn't find the article right now that i read,but i will,and ill post it.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ge-Force

Yeah,,,with old systems,it doesn't matter! the boards were set up with a shared bus for all PCI's,With the newer boards IT DOES MATTER! There is a slot which receives and sends the best bandwidth for a sound card...the 3rd one!The entire PCI array is givin a certain amount of bandwidth and whether you agree or not,it is fact that the third slot has the best,unobstructed bandwidth passage! Now,keep in mind that the card may work in other slots(I said "may"),but it doesn't mean it's gonna work at it's best potential.If ya doubt it ,look it up!

I went lookin ,couldn't find the article right now that i read,but i will,and ill post it.

depends on the mobo manufactuer i think my pci bus master is 2nd i fink -- but personally id give the bus master to an asdl modem or tv tuner

·
Registered
12 Posts
did you check the in game audio menu and what speaker set are you useing that may cuase a problem if the game is set for say 6.1 but you only have 4.1 speaker you will get weird sound errors also try the control panel with your drivers it my no be configed correctly

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well its odd you see because alot of my games now work absolutely fine...sound wise but sum for eg hitman 2 there is no audio on the menu but ingame there is ? but in the options it says there is no 3d audio accelerator ...but wen u play the game there is sound ???? and the make of my mobo is GIGA-BYTE GA-8IK1100

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Well its odd you see because alot of my games now work absolutely fine...sound wise but sum for eg hitman 2 there is no audio on the menu but ingame there is ? but in the options it says there is no 3d audio accelerator ...but wen u play the game there is sound ???? and the make of my mobo is GIGA-BYTE GA-8IK1100

arrrrrrrrgh.....gigabyte....there's problem #1 right there!Make sure you have ALL new drivers and chipset drivers,and unfortunatly,you have to dld SP2 for most gigabyte boards to even function properly with todays drivers!!

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have no problems with my motherboard at all it works like a dream and i have all the latest drivers imaginable....but its o.k now because ive fixed the problem with my sound card....so i will rep everyone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts