Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GPU appears to be unstable when i try to play crysis. its oc'ed to 700 from 590 mhz of the coe on a gtx 260 and when i play crysis stops working and memory load goes to 100%. is ther any way to make it more stable? is this unstable? i want at least a 20% oc so i can notice it. thanks this sucks

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
You shouldn't go into an overclock expecting to get at least x%.

If everything works fine at stock clocks for you, then yes, your overclock is probably unstable.

If that's the case, start back at your base clock and work slowly toward your goal.

If you somehow managed to overclock your card to 900MHz, but it froze every time you tried to play your games, the net effect would be 0 FPS and 0 enjoyment. Do the best with what you can, and then be happy with what you're able to accomplish.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But i used a stress tester that took it to 98% load (not memory controller load) and it was perfect and showed no weakness with high scores. crysis is less demanding as far as gpu load so im confused??? upping voltage make it more stable? i wont mess with that just wandering...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its called (Video Card Stability Test) and it simulates a globe and takes fps high to stress card. you recommend one? love to hear about it because this one obviously fails lol

·
Banned
8,747 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Make your card stock again and you should be fine. It probably is because of the overclock. Never try to set the card directly at a speed, always go about 50Mhz every time and then carefully check the temps and then test the card under crysis.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I go by increments of 20 until i hit 660 and than by tens and later by fives. But is there any way to make it stable under crysis where it currently isn't? and i watch temps. i set fan high up and don't let it get past 70C.

·
Banned
8,747 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve4879 View Post
I go by increments of 20 until i hit 660 and than by tens and later by fives. But is there any way to make it stable under crysis where it currently isn't? and i watch temps. i set fan high up and don't let it get past 70C.
I dont believe so. If its not stable,,, its not stable.

OCCT will tell you pretty much straight away if you have problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.