Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
John Gruber of Daring Fireball noted on Monday (via Jeremy Philippe) that Samsung appeared to be using a maps interface that was an "ever-so-slightly modified rip-off" of the Maps application on Apple's iPhone for a promotional image of the Galaxy Player 50 on its website. However, it was quickly revealed that the interface shown on the device is actually an exact copy of an iPhone screenshot from a blog post by Laura Scott on BlogHer in 2008.

samsung-111019.png
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/10/18/samsung_accused_of_lifting_iphone_screenshot_for_galaxy_player_promo.html

Here's the original ad that Samsung appears to have removed:

samsung-galaxy-50.png

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Were they that lazy to do their own screenshot?

·
Banned
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamar16;15357331
Were they that lazy to do their own screenshot?
Probably since they're too busy trying to pawn off their gear as Apple stuff.

Here's another instance of a Samsung store using Apple's App Store and Safari icons:

samsungshop-110923.png

How anyone can defend Samsung nowadays is mind-boggling.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
bwahahaha, this is classic

·
Registered
99 Posts
And this isn't the first time we've heard of stuff like this. Why can't the marketing artists just do their jobs rather than cut corners?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
yes a mistake. But if you read the article others have done the same nokia etc. However the article is also full of samsung hate and also its appleinsider what can you expect really. You would think someone would give samsung a break considering all the apple parent trolling just because their phone is similar even tho the os and functionality couldnt be more differnt.

Not really sure this is news. Not like its an actual law suit

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer;15357389

How anyone can defend Samsung nowadays is mind-boggling.
The reverse is true too.

You're one of the few who are constantly bringing up these battles as if the majority of us even care about X vs. Y. We get it, you like Apple products, thing is, many of us could care less what kind of phone the person next to us is using as long as their happy using it.

Presenting these stories as a story is fine and dandy, but turning them into a brand battle attack/defense is just sad when ALL companies are doing the same shady things. ALL OF THEM.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I never understand how such HUGE companies make this type of mistake. Such as Apple using a Nehalem die shot as an A5 die shot in a presentation... I mean come on! How many people does it have to go through for it to get out, and nobody fixes it? These are things that are purposely supposed to be seen by other people, how a mistake such as that can get through is mind boggling.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pao;15357664
The reverse is true too.

You're one of the few who are constantly bringing up these battles as if the majority of us even care about X vs. Y. We get it, you like Apple products, thing is, many of us could care less what kind of phone the person next to us is using as long as their happy using it.

Presenting these stories as a story is fine and dandy, but turning them into a brand battle attack/defense is just sad when ALL companies are doing the same shady things. ALL OF THEM.
Yep. If I see my friend with a Iphone, I won't bother debating to him saying why others phone are better etc, because if he can afford it, and decided to buy it and enjoys it, then he got what he wanted. Not what is the best is always the most wanted thing.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Oh my goodness, that wasn't even close to tactful.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts