Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right place to put this question. Anyway.....

I use AIDA64 for stress testing my 5960X and so far it's stable at 4.3Ghz and 1.231 Vcore. Temps average low to mid 60s. That was a 2-hour run. Before I head off to bed I'm going to try dropping Vcore a bit and see what happens. Anyway, my question....

I check the first 4 boxes of options on AIDA and everything's fine. But, if I have only "stress FPU" checked, temps skyrocket up to 90c within seconds. Panicking a bit, I quickly stop the test.

Is that normal for the temp to be that high for FPU test only?

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post

I hope this is the right place to put this question. Anyway.....

I use AIDA64 for stress testing my 5960X and so far it's stable at 4.3Ghz and 1.231 Vcore. Temps average low to mid 60s. That was a 2-hour run. Before I head off to bed I'm going to try dropping Vcore a bit and see what happens. Anyway, my question....

I check the first 4 boxes of options on AIDA and everything's fine. But, if I have only "stress FPU" checked, temps skyrocket up to 90c within seconds. Panicking a bit, I quickly stop the test.

Is that normal for the temp to be that high for FPU test only?
Temps go banana's on fpu tests for my 4790K , have to be careful what you are running for settings.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

Temps go banana's on fpu tests for my 4790K , have to be careful what you are running for settings.
I forgot.....

the skyrocketing 90c temps on AIDA FPU only was for 43 multi and 1.231 Vcore

Yesterday I did a 1 hour of AIDA FPU only(42 multi, forgot what vcore was) and it did run for an hour at around 70-75 degrees. Is that a bit high?

All of these damn notes all over my desk!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts