Overclock.net banner

AIDA64 CPU Throttling?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blameless 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of trying to find out where an overclock for my 4770K is stable. After a couple of failed boots and failed tests, I have had it up and going now successfully for an hour at 4.5GHz with 1.25v.

One question...at the bottom of AIDA64, it says "CPU Throttling (max: 5%) - Overheating Detected". This was due to a spike (I believe during an FPU calculation) where one of the cores hit 98 C. Pretty high. It hasn't gotten back up to that point again since that brief moment where it hit there, but I have been keeping an eye on it nonetheless. The graph at the bottom of AIDA64 shows the CPU Throttling line at 0% and has ever since that one spike, but it is still showing the CPU Throttling Max 5% message above. I was just curious if this means it is still currently throttling the CPU as it runs the benchmarks, or if it just throttled it for that brief moment during the heat spike?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.