memtest86 4 pass
memtest86 10 pass
hci 1000%
prime95 small fft 15 min
asus realbench 1 hour (with 8gb memory)
prime95 blend 4 hour (with 90% ram)

also completed BF1 6 stories without problem

BUT
my computer is completely shutdown in AIDA test in mere 18 minutes (CPU,FPU,CACHE,MEMORY)
blank screen, can not force shutdown, so i need to power off from the psu.

Aida is supposed to be lighter than the other above test , right?

I dont have no clue here, please help

Thank you

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Increase your voltage. Unless you have a "God Level" binned Ryzen silicon no 8C/16T CPU is going to be stable at 1.25V. I've come to believe that will all the power states and thermal protections "baked" into the Ryzen silicon, its doesn't fail or bluescreen like past CPUs. It will throttle, shutdown down portions of the CPU,anything else it can do to keep from letting itself reach a state of shutdown or be unstable as we are use to seeing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank for your fast response, i will try that

but, can u explain why realbench and blend test is run just fine?

thank you

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Prime95 small FFT only ran for 15 minutes while blend ran for 4 hours with 90% ram. RealBench also had more ram than default, this could be why you were passing them. Often adding more ram to stress tests makes them easier on the CPU.
I'd ditch all of them and run Prime95, I've done lots of stressing with Aida and RealBench and crashed at some point down the line. If I can pass Prime for 2 hours I won't crash in anything else thus far but I'm using an Intel chip so YMMV.
If I'm overclocking the core I'll run Small FFT for an hour or two then when I move to ram I'll do a custom torture test then when I finally do the cache I run the default blend test for a few hours. Still no CPU/Cache/RAM related crashes.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Usually if I can run AIDA64 for 6-8 Hours with no dips in voltage or core clock throttles and temps are in check,I should be able to pass all other tests. Also think of stress testing this way, unless the software has a bug that is known or unknown, any load you put on your computer should be able to be completed without error if its 100% stable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found that aida64 also crash on default BIOS. Could it be buggy?
Then i download another test tool, OCCT, running one hours without problem

Should i worry about AIDA? call it stable ? any other test to do?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Don't worry about it.
Not every CPU plays well with every stress test. Ever try using P95 on Haswell with AVX? Usually it'll crash no matter what you do.
The point isn't to pass every stress test it's to establish a stable clock/voltage. I use Prime alone as it can do hours of stressing in minutes when compared to RealBench or Aida.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry about it.
Not every CPU plays well with every stress test. Ever try using P95 on Haswell with AVX? Usually it'll crash no matter what you do.
The point isn't to pass every stress test it's to establish a stable clock/voltage. I use Prime alone as it can do hours of stressing in minutes when compared to RealBench or Aida.
thanks, it made me bit relieve

i think im gonna ditch all tools as you said, and use only
Prime 95 for CPU
memtest86&HCI for memory

as those above considered the best

would you agree?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
You're not wrong about P95 and Memtest (the Windows version is good too) but I just thought I should mention that Memtest doesn't verify stable ram, it just makes sure the data is correct. Prime is good for testing the CPU, cache and ram for stability all at once or piece by piece. Great tool imo.
You might have known that but if I'd known that last year I'd have saved myself a lot of trouble lol.

·
Riding on the edge
3,253 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts