Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Open task-manager and check if any process has high CPU usage. WMI host is sometimes to blame.

Disable all 3rd party apps and software from memory including any hardware monitoring RGB software disconnect from the internet for 1 minute and run the AIDA64 test again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I noticed something big today, I was messing around in my bios and I turned on VT*d and then I ran the Aida64 memory benchmark and it was very low, in the 35000Mbs write, read and copy, which leads me to believe it has something to do with virtualization settings I applied some time over the past few months, only which is the question. For instance I can't change the settings in device security -> Core Isolation -> Memory Integrity ( it's greyed out ) I can't change it on or off, it's currently set to ON. And Firmware Protection is set to OFF, also greyed out and can't be changed. Not sure if it has anything to do with anything.
Turning on Core-isolation or memory integrity will definitely reduced overall system performance. There are plenty of tests that shows performance impact from having those settings enabled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts