Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into alot of these different types of coolers most all of them require removal of the hsf and mounting directly to gpu or cpu. Is there anything that places an evaporator inside the unit to chill the air or is this not feasible because of condensation?? I'm just wondering because I've never been to keen on messing with the components when they are already in place and in working order.... Shaggyted's law number 1 : If I touch it and its working, IT WON'T ANYMORE!!!

I've thought of placing the rig in front of a/c exhaust but this wouldn't really work since thermostat will shut compressor off and my temps will skyrocket. So like I said I'm wonering if there is a way to chill the air inside the case and keep it at a lower ambient without having to add larger hsf's or water cool. I know it would probably be a noisy setup but hey I just turn the volume up higher lol

Shaggyt

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind, I just figured out what I want to do is phase lol Too expensive for my blood apparently too.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyTed
Nevermind, I just figured out what I want to do is phase lol Too expensive for my blood apparently too.
You can get used units for around $400-500. It's still quite a bit of dough, but it gives you the crazy temps. Look into TEC & Chilled water/slush box setups. You might be able to have some fun at a lower cost.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Get one of those big a$$ desk fans and point it inside your rig.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeeky
oh eyr also what happens if you stick one of tehse to your cpu like described in this ebay auction?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silent-Thermoe...ayphotohosting
Depending on your cooling system, you could get below ambient temperatures, or even sub-zero temperatures. For more information, look at my previous thread here to find out all about TEC cooling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts