Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
This is my first time actually overclocking my build, so any input would be greatly appropriated.
Here is the list of what I have in my case.
GA-AX370-Gaming K7; BIOS F22b
Ryzen 5 1600x
Air cooled with Noctua NH-D15SE-AM4. Using the thermal paste that came with the cooler.
G.SKILL Ripjaws V series 16GB DDR4, 3000
Cooler Master 932 HAF: 1x Noctua NF-A14, front intake, 1x Noctua NF-S12A, side intake, and with 2x total exhaust of Noctua NF-S12A, one in the back and one on top. I made sure the intakes has higher RPM/air Flow than the exhaust fans.
Overclocked;
4.1GHz @ 1.4v
Ran Cinebench R15 twice before I ran the AIDA64 for 14 minutes, without any issues so far.
The ambient temperature was 24 C with idle temperature 33-35C
Here is a snapshot of what I have so far.
So, I was wondering, should I keep the setting at where it is or lower my core speed and voltage, since they system is "Air Cooled"? I know it's the best to go with "Liquid Cooled" when it comes to overclocking but the I just don't know enough about custom build systems, yet. And of course the cost is much higher too. Thanks all!

Attachments

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
I'd try to keep it below 70°C peak temperature, Ryzen tends to get unstable past 70°C T_Die.

If you just want to test CPU cooling use AIDA64 FPU or Prime95 Small FFTs.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Better air flow through the case might help. That side intake is probably just disrupting the air flow through the cooler just like that top exhaust fan is. Air doesn't like making 90 degree bends any better than water does. Straight front to rear air flow is best when air cooling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts