Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you think im betting sticking with the mugen i have or moving to the h50? how much better temps you think i could get with it?i ran linx and i was hitting 80 to 82, it just scares the ish out of me.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
I found that push/push from the bottom side and the front side of the case produces the lowest temps with my mugen-2. That way the 200mm fan and back 120mm fan vent the heat from the mugen.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait what do you mean having it face towards the front 120mm fan and having one at the top 200m fan?

right now i have it facing my gfx card, and to the top of the 200m fan.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sotorious
View Post

Also if someone has an H50 with about at about 28c room temp and that is oc'd

You keep it 82 °F in your room in Houston? Yuck. That's gotta be pretty rough with the humidity the way it usually is there. I have my i7 OC'd to 3.8Ghz and in my room, which is usually around 21-22 °C, the core temps range from 35-40 °C at idle. This is with a push/pull setup on my H50 using these Aerocool fans. If I open my case up, those temps drop by about 3-4 °C. Running Prime95 blended for an hour, the core temps max out in the 76-78 °C range.

I recently got my hands on a VenX, and I'm tempted to run some comparison tests. I've already captured a lot of data on my H50 performance using the RealTemp plugin for RivaTuner. But, I'm a noob and I didn't leave the backing on the double sided foam tape. So, I gotta consider if I want to deal with peeling it off using the hair dryer & dental floss method.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hadenman
View Post

You keep it 82 °F in your room in Houston? Yuck. That's gotta be pretty rough with the humidity the way it usually is there. I have my i7 OC'd to 3.8Ghz and in my room, which is usually around 21-22 °C, the core temps range from 35-40 °C at idle. This is with a push/pull setup on my H50 using these Aerocool fans. If I open my case up, those temps drop by about 3-4 °C. Running Prime95 blended for an hour, the core temps max out in the 76-78 °C range.

I recently got my hands on a VenX, and I'm tempted to run some comparison tests. I've already captured a lot of data on my H50 performance using the RealTemp plugin for RivaTuner. But, I'm a noob and I didn't leave the backing on the double sided foam tape. So, I gotta consider if I want to deal with peeling it off using the hair dryer & dental floss method.

So your temps are in prime are 76-78C with the H50? I am was thinking of "upgrading" coolers to the H50 but this would not be an upgrade as I do not break 68C in prime95 with my current setup. I am a few miles down the road from you and I am trying to brace for the heat. Do you think I would be better off with the ven-x? Sorry op

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat
View Post

So yout temps are in prime are 76-78C with the H50? I am was thinking of "upgrading" coolers to the H50 but this would not be an upgrade as I do not break 68C in prime95 with my current setup. I am a few miles down the road from you and I am trying to brace for the heat. Do you think I would be better off with the ven-x? Sorry op

That's where they max out at. If I take the average temp over all the cores for the hour run (my RivaTuner is set to 1 sample/second ==> 3600 samples/core for the hour run) it comes out to be around 73.5C +/- 0.5C.

Edit: As far as the VenX goes, I couldn't say. I haven't tested it out yet because I don't want to deal with taking the double-sided tape off that the H50 uses. See my comment about labeling myself a noob above

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat
View Post

So yout temps are in prime are 76-78C with the H50? I am was thinking of "upgrading" coolers to the H50 but this would not be an upgrade as I do not break 68C in prime95 with my current setup. I am a few miles down the road from you and I am trying to brace for the heat. Do you think I would be better off with the ven-x? Sorry op

I would recommend the NH-D14. With stock fans in my old cramped case I hit 62C as my highest. In my new case with just the 140mm fan I hit 56C as my highest. And with both fans on 49C was my highest. This is all with a 18C ambient using Prime95. I was only able to run the tests in the new case for 1 Hr each. It was pretty awesome to flip a switch to turn my second CPU fan on and watch my Cores decrease by 7C. My second CPU fan is a 253CFM delta so it is not something I can run all the time. (my PC turns into a jet).

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fons View Post
I would recommend the NH-D14. With stock fans in my old cramped case I hit 62C as my highest. In my new case with just the 140mm fan I hit 56C as my highest. And with both fans on 49C was my highest. This is all with a 18C ambient using Prime95. I was only able to run the tests in the new case for 1 Hr each. It was pretty awesome to flip a switch to turn my second CPU fan on and watch my Cores decrease by 7C. My second CPU fan is a 253CFM delta so it is not something I can run all the time. (my PC turns into a jet).
Thanks, I will look into that cooler. I do not want to get another one unless I will see majot improvements. This south Texas summer heat is a doozy. +rep

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't norrmaly keep the temps like that it just has warmed up the last couple of days and my room is the hotest room in the house. Haven't turned on the AC just yet. I am just trying to keep my CPU as cool as possible because people should know the summers in Texas are not to play with.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fons
View Post

Its 57F here in Michigan and that's pretty warm. I would hate to be in 80 degree weather right now...

80? Try 100+ for the OP and I pretty soon

I could go water but I know being the novice I am I would kill my computer thats why I was looking at the H50 but it doesnt seem to be too much of an improvement over the temps I am seeing now. I still may juts get it and give it a shot.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
80? Try 100+ for the OP and I pretty soon

I could go water but I know being the novice I am I would kill my computer thats why I was looking at the H50 but it doesnt seem to be too much of an improvement over the temps I am seeing now. I still may juts get it and give it a shot.
I was also thinking the same thing, i see some results where they are better and i see some where they are not so hot. It does look a lot better than my cooler, but i wouldnt want to have to go through the hassle of disconnecting my computer and taking off that cpu ( such a pain in the butt) just for a 1 or 2c drop. I was hoping someone with high ambient temps would come in here and post some results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts